Brake lights

antpathy

Cheers,

I just bought a 95' Pathy SE, thanks to all the info from you guys I've pretty much got all the lights working by changing out the headlight switch assembly. Now I've got no brake lights, my question is does this cicuit get it's power from the turn/headlight switch also?

All the lights work, turn signals, dash, hazards, daytime all work perfect, but no brake lights. I tested the sockets and I have power to the tail lights but no brakelights ( when pedal is pushed ). I was thinking it's the actual switch at the pedal, is this another common weak spot? I just thoght I'd ask before I start taking stuff apart because I can't really get under there without removing it to test it. Oh yeah, I've checked the fuse panel and everything there seems to be good.

Please Help.

It could be the switch at the pedal, yes. Check it with a flashlight (torch) maybe? Another cause could be that both bulb filaments are simply burned out, or towing wiring could be wonky, or perhaps corrosion exists in the bulb sockets.

After trying to get to the switch at the pedal for about 20 minutes I realized that the plug going to the switch wasn't plugged in !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I couldn't spell backyard mechanic, now I are one :itsallgood: