headlight and running light issues

91patty

I have a 91 2wd 3.0 and my driver side headlight highbeam wouldnt work when I bought it although the bulb, wiring, and fuses under the hood and inside were good. I even figure out how to take off my driver side front fender to get a better look at my wiring. Then xmas night my daytime running lights went out so I cant drive at night. The 10amp inside pops everytime I put any fuse in. I havent tried replacing the interior stick switch off the column I've heard the pins inside can get worn and cause trouble. My headlights still come on except the driver side high beam of course. Is this a short, a bad connection or ground? I took off the drivers side fender and didnt see anything wrong. I know its old but its in real nice shape, had to of been the cold and snow.

Also my fues pops everytime I try to work the rear wiper, although it wont pop or will take longer to pop if I just use the rear sprayer. This truck is from TN and has very lil rust or corrosion and has never been messed with. Do you think that I need a new wiper motor?

Also my truck seems to have a valve tick, it idles and runs fine but cant place that noise, it has almost 195k now. I have changed, spark plugs, fuel filter, and oil. The plug wires look ok, havent checked the rotor or dist. I only get 16 or 17mpg max.

I have a 91 2wd 3.0 and my driver side headlight highbeam wouldnt work when I bought it although the bulb, wiring, and fuses under the hood and inside were good. I even figure out how to take off my driver side front fender to get a better look at my wiring. Then xmas night my daytime running lights went out so I cant drive at night. The 10amp inside pops everytime I put any fuse in. I havent tried replacing the interior stick switch off the column I've heard the pins inside can get worn and cause trouble. My headlights still come on except the driver side high beam of course. Is this a short, a bad connection or ground? I took off the drivers side fender and didnt see anything wrong. I know its old but its in real nice shape, had to of been the cold and snow.

Some of this sounds very similar to another topic going on currently:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22015

However I would be inclined to the stalk connetors on the steering column first.

Also my fues pops everytime I try to work the rear wiper, although it wont pop or will take longer to pop if I just use the rear sprayer. This truck is from TN and has very lil rust or corrosion and has never been messed with. Do you think that I need a new wiper motor?

Check the connections first for corrosion or loose connections first.

Fuse poping comes from a ground making a connection to a hot wire where it should not.

Also my truck seems to have a valve tick, it idles and runs fine but cant place that noise, it has almost 195k now. I have changed, spark plugs, fuel filter, and oil. The plug wires look ok, havent checked the rotor or dist. I only get 16 or 17mpg max.

That is either a bad exhaust manifold or worn hydralic lifter. Common complaints. Mostly just annoying.

Do a forum seach for more on this.