Another test for R50 toughness

TheCrow

Another proof that the R50 is a tough truck , the other day one of the company trucks needed to be towed into the workshop , so I volunteered Pathy to do the towing , it is a 8 tons Actros 3348 double axled truck .

Needless to say I went in 4 low and L1 gear it was amazing to feel that monster weight being pulled by the light Paty on the curve front tire was hardly getting traction and the back ones really stressed , but no wheel spin was there and Paty did great .

Too bad no camera was available to shoot it , I would have done it another time if not for the bend caused on my back bumper due to lack of towing points on Paty and the difference in the elevation of Pathy’s lower towing point to the Actros higher towing point .

wow, at that point I'd be more worried about ripping off the tow points :D

I wouldn't even consider doing that here because you can't go more than a few blocks without finding a hill.

Yeah, a picture would have been cool. Still, you were just rolling a vehicle, it wasn't like it was a recovery or anything...

There is an old thread by Mr Jim where he towed a semi off of the freeway in his WD21.

B

Yeah, a picture would have been cool. Still, you were just rolling a vehicle, it wasn't like it was a recovery or anything...

There is an old thread by Mr Jim where he towed a semi off of the freeway in his WD21.

B

I'm Getting tempted and i may risk my bumper to add a picture or a video :crossedwires:

Yeah no recovery but the weight is massive when towing such a big truck you can feel Pathy's body stretching hehehe

Edited by TheCrow