95 lift

tyrhine

cool, so my 3 inch suspension just came in. I was wondering how long this normly takes? I know its prolly hard to guess because anything could happen. but what is your experiences with the lift time. because I need to plan the rest of my day around it. my dad has pretty much everything we need tool wise, and we have like 3 guys to help. so think it will take long? o btw its this lift https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_in...;products_id=64. and I have like no rust issues so I don't think it should take too long. any edvice for pre stuff I should do before the lift?

First, it depends if you end up having to reindex the tbars, but if you have all tools at your disposal I'd say not more than a few hours, depending on if you gotta reindex

Ok, just checked your link, If your putting in new UCA's and tbars , then it'll be a day job I'd say. It'll be alot quicker if you have a press for the bushings on your old UCA's, still a day job in my opinion

Edited by headpeace

From an old crevasse in my old mind I remember a post about burning them out with a little torch, didn't sound fun or easy, do a search, it's around here somewhere, I think 88 might have done it along as some others. I know it can be done that way my bud did that with some honda bushings

yea so I guess I'll be burning them we have 2 propane torches that I will prolly end up doing. any other issues I might run into? I heard the bushings can be the biggest pain somtimes tho

I replaced the BJ's when I did mine ,too much of a pain to try and salvage the old ones. I had to use a pickle fork for a chevy pitman arm???? can't remember exactly now, to get the old BJ's out. Just get a larger pickle fork if you go that route

Edited by headpeace

haha yea I'll take pics. only cam I have is from my cell phone haha so don't complain if it doesn't look pretty! :P yea I was thinking about doing bew bj's while I'm down there

I used a propane torch and simply sat the UCA on the ground in some gravel with the torch aimed at the rubber. With a little scraping and gouging with an old screwdriver you can get all the rubber out pretty easily. The cleanup is the hard part. Got a wire wheel? :)

nope wont warp cause of the heat. that exactly what i did with my bushing, took a propane torch to em and an old screwdriver; which somehow found its way back to craftsman for a replacement, lol. can be done in about a day as long as you dont run into any big snags.

Awesome so it took awhile but I got it in. Looks great! i'l have pics soon. But I need the ajust my camber. Is that a easy thing to do? If not I will prolly take it in because it doesn't cost much at all. Thanks for the help guys and yea that propane trick works great. Now time for bigger tires :P also didnlt have the time to put the idler brace thing in. What does that exacty do? Didnt have time to even look at heh.

Edited by tyrhine