water pump

Guest 95NorCal

Guest 95NorCal

Hey guys-

My water pump just went out and I am most likely going to replace it myself. Are there any little things I should know or it is pretty much straightforward. I am also thinking about replacing the timing belt while I am at it. What do you think? thanks

Definately replace the T belt while you're in there. I think there was a write up a long time back on T belt replacement, which should help you along with the whole deal. Maybe I'm wrong though, and you should write one up when you do your new project. :type:

• 2 weeks later...

To get to all of the parts your gonna need to rip off the whole front of the engine like fan radiator altinatorpower steering pump water pump

and then there is like a metal shield over the water pump and t-belt and the camgears

I just did mine...but I had the radiator and everything out (but this shouldn't be needed...stupid people who run stop signs). It took my bro and me about half a day (including running to the store twice because we decided to do the timing belt and change hoses as well). The timing belt was easy...just slide the old one off and put the new one on...just make sure it's lined up correctly. To get to the water pump you need to take a ton of crap off, as mentioned above...just remember how it came off so you can put it back on. You'll do fine...and if you don't, that's what tow trucks and mechanics are for. :)