Its been a while but Im here....

91PathSE

Last fall I sold my pathy and bought a 99 Ranger, real nice truck.....But with all that aside on to the pathy. Its a 87 in decent shape with a recent motor rebuild...If I buy it I will either

Option "A" wheel it this season then do a SAS over the course of next winter. OR option "B" SAS it now and wheel the ranger all sumer, OR option "C" SAS the ranger which is very easy and will take about 3 days and about $500 in parts.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1060208488.html

Ill get pics of the Ranger later

But what do you all think?

Justin

i like it alot :)

but if you can, i would def check out the frame/body in person, cause i have a feeling that underneath that rhinoliner is RUST :(

"31" bf goodwrench tires"

hehe

But the guy is right, if they are infact new tires, (im going to assume bfg at) then the price of selling the tires alone would cover most of the cost of the truck :)

personally, id go for it, and SAS it NOW :D

gl

i like it alot :)

but if you can, i would def check out the frame/body in person, cause i have a feeling that underneath that rhinoliner is RUST :(

"31" bf goodwrench tires"

hehe

But the guy is right, if they are infact new tires, (im going to assume bfg at) then the price of selling the tires alone would cover most of the cost of the truck :)

personally, id go for it, and SAS it NOW :D

gl

Im not stranger to the pathfinder rot rust, My last two where nightmare...Im going to look at tommorow....I laughed with the name of the tires also.

I would say get the pathy and wheel it then SAS it. I think that way you have a good dd (the ranger) and a trail truck (the pathy) that way you wont be with out a car if u broke it. Then I would SAS it when u get a chance and think you will want to put the extra money into it.

Of course we'll vote for the pathy!!

I suppose it depends on what you use each for... lets say they are just as good on and off road... then look at comfort of the trucks on and off road. Do you like to camp, and haul a lot of stuff, do you want that stuff inside & dry, or outside in the box? Would you ever want to sleep in the truck, as opposed to tenting it? Or is it more handy to have an enclosed space (SUV) for grocery shopping & such, as opposed to throwing stuff in the back of a pick up... Some questions to ask...

I say SAS both!

:D

The Ranger will be SASed regardless its a matter of which one I do first...I have a Built Dana 30 With chomo shafts and spicers joints ready to go in the ranger it will be a coil set up.....which is what I wanna do with the Pathy, But I have only seen leave over axle with them.

Heres a pic of my Ranger

99 XLT Package, 4x4 Off Road Package, Ext cab, Short Bed, Step Side, 3.slow V6, cranked t-bars, block, shackle= 3.5 lift and 31x11.5x15 mt's and a 1.5 wheel spacer

0318091131a.jpg

Edited by 91PathSE

For the ranger build I have...

* donates parts that will work on for Pathy when I buy it...

I went to look at one and frame was shot...not buyng another shot frame job.

*A Built/Complete Dana 30 With 4:10 gears to match my rear

*Coils Buckets from a 96 ranger that will be modded, Im looking for buckets from a wrangler

Jeep steering box

*lots of steel

*spring break coming

*headache

shackles

aal

block

need

*Rubicon express springs

*misc steering parts

*advil

*exstension cord for my welder...so I can work in the outside in the sun during spring break.

*rods for the arc welder, my mig/tig is all set

*bigger tires, not gunna worry about that till im done

new serp belt, 3.slow squeek.