Turn Signal Removal

So I learned that my turn signal bulb went out today, it still functions and works when the blinker is on, but not when the parking lights are on. Im trying to figure out how to remove the damn thing. I removed the top screw , but it seems like there is something else clipping it in. It looks as if I may need to take the wheel well liner off, if I do, how do you take off the clips so that you can re-install them? Help here would be appreciated, it didnt say anything in the owners manual about how to do it, and a ticket is the last thing I need :thumbsdown:

best thing i could tell you is go to a local parts store and open up their haynes manual or something. My pathy is a little different than yours mine i take off the 2 side screws and pull up and it slides of a screw at the bottom. Im sure someone with the same model as you will chime in but thats my 2 cents

I assume we're talking about those stupid fasteners that cause you to have to forcibly yank on the lens to viscerally expunge them from the vehicle. I wonder, do car manufacturers have pinhead engineer rejects who sit around, designing the wonkiest fasteners they can come up with? It almost makes me wonder if it's an internal joke...sort of a contest to see who can make the strangest, most breakable fasteners amongst all the other automakers. I have to give them this, if their goal is to make fasteners a revenue generator for the parts division, they've got a winning idea. If I had a dollar for every stupid plastic fastener I've broken over the years...sheesh.

Okay, dismounting my soapbox now.

I applied some lithium grease to the fasteners on my signal light lenses when I change them. Makes them a wee bit easier to take them out.

Edited by MartiniHenry

I assume we're talking about those stupid fasteners that cause you to have to forcibly yank on the lens to viscerally expunge them from the vehicle. I wonder, do car manufacturers have pinhead engineer rejects who sit around, designing the wonkiest fasteners they can come up with? It almost makes me wonder if it's an internal joke...sort of a contest to see who can make the strangest, most breakable fasteners amongst all the other automakers. I have to give them this, if their goal is to make fasteners a revenue generator for the parts division, they've got a winning idea. If I had a dollar for every stupid plastic fastener I've broken over the years...sheesh.

Okay, dismounting my soapbox now.

Awesome post!