fender flares

jeffrhine

Just took off my flares, and there are those small holes with the white plasitc on them. Has anyone ever tried painting a strip of where the fender flares were at? I plan on doing that just want to get your thoughts on it, and if anyone has pictures of that it would be awesome!

Just took off my flares, and there are those small holes with the white plasitc on them. Has anyone ever tried painting a strip of where the fender flares were at? I plan on doing that just want to get your thoughts on it, and if anyone has pictures of that it would be awesome!

Why take off the flares? They contour to the bumpers.....doesn't it look kinda retarded without them on?

I don't know about alternatives to these kind of things, but I would imagine body filler and repainting will give you the best results...someone who knows more about painting cars could probably give you better insight there

I'm at work right now, but I'll get some up when I'm off. Still gotta figure out what I'm gonna do with the plastic pieces. either I'm going to paint a blackstrip where the flares were, or paint the plastic pieces red to match.

Out of the two choices, I would think painting the plastic things red (or removing them) would bring less attention to it. I'm not keen in the idea of the black paint. Just my opinion though.

I don't know about alternatives to these kind of things, but I would imagine body filler and repainting will give you the best results...someone who knows more about painting cars could probably give you better insight there

You could also just get the OEM fenders that didn't come with flares. As for the rear quarter panels, you'd still have to fill and paint. :shrug:

Oh yeah, because that would be super cheap.

:wacko:

I'm thinking filler & paint would be MUCH cheaper!

I didn't suggest it for that reason. It'll just hold up better in the long run was my thought. :aok:

Personally, I love the flares... :scratchhead:

Any pictures of your car with them off?

Before (with fender flares)

IMG_0548.jpg

After (took off the fender flares & the plastic pieces)

IMG_0753.jpg

I'm eventually gonna (hopefully in like a month or so) cut up my front fendes & a bit of the rear fender wells & after words I am going to bring the Herculiner up to the second line.

FYI i got pulled over Wednesday morning for not having mud flaps, then one time wrote me a ticket for not having a tail pipe.... check you local laws before removing crap off your rig. if the tires extend past the fender, you must have mud flaps or splash gaurds installed.

Cops here have more issues to worry about (gangs, drugs, prostitution, etc) than me not have mud flaps

X2... :scratchhead:

The popo here seem to care more about window tint and loud sound systems than fender flare or mud flaps.

X2... :scratchhead:

The popo here seem to care more about window tint and loud sound systems than fender flare or mud flaps.

we have plenty of that also, along with the all the meth heads & illegal aliens but i think the pig forgot his fiber 1 or something. im pretty sure the judge will drop it, its kind of petty even for the cops around here.

Same. Cops around here don't care much about little things like that. I get away with no mud flaps, no muffler, no fender flares, a rebel flag sticker in my window, etc. I see other big ass trucks, illegal by law, that cops drive past every day and don't even think twice about them.

Here they're sticklers for speeding, drugs, gangs...stuff that's somewhat important and not a waste of time.