new problems.....

smoke

well latly i have herd a squeaking sound when im turning the wheel at low speeds....does anyone have any suggestions....

also since installing the lower trailing arms i still have some wabbleing...more like floating what else should i do with this.....i want to make the truck more stiff....than it is.....thanx mates

Well, it could be your brake calipers (no, seriously). Check the the 2 bolts on your calipers are greased good. Had this issue before and thats what a friend told me, and sure enough, that was it. Weird, huh?

Or, it could be your belt is loose? I don't know if that would be too obvious, but when you steer you are asking the pump to move more pressure, which puts some more tension on the belt (just throwing a random idea out there).

Jose

Maybe its just a 12-year-old R50 & your gonna here sh!t creeking & growning... is there something wrong with the performance of anything?

yea shes a 12 year old rig.....other than it just being annoying......the only thing is a little pop when i come to a stop while braking....im thinkin that is the ball joint....am i right??? also want to get her a lil more tighter suspension....what all do i need to do for that......

Tighter suspension, huh? Well, some new struts and some springs would be a good start. Then replace all the bushings with poly bushings (make sure you grease these at least once a year to keep it good!). Just a couple things to start with.

Like 180 said, new struts up front (go with some KYB GR-2's), some new rear shocks, new strut mount tower up front (get the OEM, stock sh!t), & poly bushings for the rear lower control arms. If you want to a bit of lift (2") you can always go with some new lift coils or you can go with OEM, if you don't want any lift or you can get the heavy duty coils & get like .75" of a lift.

well before i even got on to this wonderful site i had some monroe struts and shocks put on the truck.... which sux......heavy duty springs would be good because im a fire fighter and i carry gear with me at all times.....

where would a good place to get those from??

i just got some OEM lower trailing arms done......poly bushings?? whats the diffrence with oem....

im a college student and work part time due to school schedual and a vol fire fighter...so cheaper i can get these the better.....but i do not want to skimp on quality...