Alternator?

robert

SO here's my question...

My lights in the dash all come on, and off when they want to. Like trans temp light, battery light, and i believe another light but do not remember which one, but they are all red.

What does it mean they that happens?

I'm leaning towards altenator and regulator because sometimes my voltage hits 16.0v to 18.0v really depends on how warm it is out side

or it drops straight to 12.0v even with no actuall load.

so can someone point me in the direction i need to be in.

Im tired of replacing amplifiers for my audio system =)

SO here's my question...

My lights in the dash all come on, and off when they want to. Like trans temp light, battery light, and i believe another light but do not remember which one, but they are all red.

What does it mean they that happens?

I'm leaning towards altenator and regulator because sometimes my voltage hits 16.0v to 18.0v really depends on how warm it is out side

or it drops straight to 12.0v even with no actuall load.

so can someone point me in the direction i need to be in.

Im tired of replacing amplifiers for my audio system =)

your voltmeter reads 16-18V at the battery? time to replace the alternator...

Well its been replaced twice and rebuilt 3 times.

Also another question with alternators is, im planning on taking out my ac unit this spring just because it works half ass and i rather roll with windows down ya know

but i wanna use the free space to run a second alternator off another pathy or upgrade one and install it. Will be running second battery to for my system

question is, how would i wire it up?

Ya mine did the same thing but it was gust the battery light and the brake light at the same time. My radar detector has a volt meter on it and sead anywere from 11.5v to 17v. change the alternator with one at o'reillys and that did the trick. you looking at around $120.00 with life time warranty.

If your are running a stereo, elctric rad fans or extra lights I reccomend getting a higer output alternator so that it doesn't keep failing for the voltage regulator being locked open all the time.

15v is the max voltage you wanna see even on a spike.

when running under full load(every thing on that can be) if it can't maintain 13.5v your voltage regulator is going to wear out quick.

definantly get a bigger alternator sounds like your useing to much power for it and wearing it out quickly. I need one on my pathy too it cant run my foglights and my stereo with out droping into the 13s

Well I only shop for nissan equipment at oreilly's. Sadly.

But now that I'm working again, ill buy new alternator, and a used one out of a parts pathy for a second one since im taking ac out. :D

But will be running a second battery with an isolator so that should help out with draws