Question for the Guru's

95shakinPF

In the 95 I know there is a kickdown switch near the gas pedal. you can hear it if you push the pedal all the way down while the truck is off.

Since the original thread starter's is a '95, and if the switch is bad, the tranny won't kick down.

Big if, but if.

That makes sense because the transmission shifts normally on all other accounts.

Though, a response to k9sar's post about further clarifying the issue would be nice. :aok:

Honestly I'm pretty sure thats the only problem here Is the passing gear. It shifts fine normally and the O/D button still works but the thing wont shift into "passing gear" when you floor it. I'll check to see if theres a switch there and report back.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Well, I picked up a transmission rebuild and service manual for these, and the probable cause of your issue is the TPS sensor, revolution sensor/ vehicle speed sensor, full throttle detection switch (kick down switch) or shift solenoid(s) valve A or B.

Edited by kingman92010

"and the probable cause of your issue is the TPS sensor"

Your gonna have to turn in your TPS reports by Friday.... oh,,, and I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday.....ok???

Thought this thread could use a little humor......LMAO :popcorn:

Edited by beavis0076

Guys Thanks for all the thoughts and advice. I fixed it yesterday. Kingman nailed it! It was the Full throttle detection switch. I pulled it out and and pressed it about 200 times,cleaned the contacts REAL good,re-installed it and WAH-LAH!!!! @^$% works again. Dont know what a drained battery did to make it quit working but its fixed now!!

Thanks everyone!!!!

cool. glad it's woking now. I'll still bet that the battery issue was simply bad contact between the clamps and posts but that's not an issue anymore, right?

Now I can cleanout my host space and remove the AT manuals and put the full FSM back up.

cool. glad it's woking now. I'll still bet that the battery issue was simply bad contact between the clamps and posts but that's not an issue anymore, right?

Now I can cleanout my host space and remove the AT manuals and put the full FSM back up.

K9 thanks for posting that info for me. I didnt get a chance to look at it before I fixed my problem just before a 100 mile road trip I had to make yesterday. Actually the battery drain was due to someone (probably my 10yr old son) not closing the passenger door completely and causing the dome light to stay on all night long! But I had the battery,charging system,and starter all checked anyway and everythings back to normal.

AGAIN THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS!!!! :aok:

dude, you're trying too hard.

Nah not really, just writing down what I read. Wrong or right, has some relevance since it's coming from a service manual.

If it's of help, good. If not, who cares?