Shocks and Struts

new4x4r

Just wondering if anyone knows where the cheapest place to get the Rancho 9000's and KYB GR-2 Struts is? I'm in Canada, but cheapest Ican find them is $150/piece.

You could try NAPA... :scratchhead:

But your best would be a local shop 'cause sometimes if you plan on getting enough product you'll get a deal.

i can help here.... been doing quite a work at it lately...

here's what you need...

The kyb GR2 are available at http://www.autopartsway.ca/?gclid=CKLXz9G5npgCFQFvGgodC3PunQ for 99$ CAD AND free shipping to your door...

You'll get the rancho from http://powerandplay.com/ for 103 USD BUT the shipping will cost you 15 $ US and you will not have to pay duty because these guys have warehouses in canada, so they ship the parts from there.

cheers !

hahaha amen to that! when I order from the states, I get them to send it as a gift. That way I "usually" avoid customs charges. You can't charge brokerage on Grandma's christmas presents can you :-)

one more thing, does anyone know the part numbers for the GR-2 Struts, and Rancho 9000's? (RS999010XL is the shock I believe, and 335015/335016 is the stuts?)

Good part numbers for the GR2 for 1998 and for the rancho, if you want to find them at powerandplay.com (it was a bit tricky!), you'll have to enter RS999010 in the "part number window"

thanks alot fleurys! I'll save a bit of money at least. Like I said, they wanted $150 cdn plus tax per shock/strut. I figured there was a better deal out there ;-)

You're welcome...I know EXACTLY how you feel.... Just looking at ebay lately for an even better deal for the rancho, I saw that they easily charge like 70 or 80USD just for the shipping (harghhh!) ... So i'm confident, these are the best deals for us in Canada... By the way, at powerandplay, they charge 15USD for the whole order, no matter the number of items...so if you have other things to buy (like hubs :-) ), then now is the time....no duties, free delivery, one time 15USD$ for the order... Too bad they don't carry ARB lockers (inside joke here...)

Edited by fleurys

Good part numbers for the GR2 for 1998 and for the rancho, if you want to find them at powerandplay.com (it was a bit tricky!), you'll have to enter RS999010 in the "part number window"

You're welcome...I know EXACTLY how you feel.... Just looking at ebay lately for an even better deal for the rancho, I saw that they easily charge like 70 or 80USD just for the shipping (harghhh!) ... So i'm confident, these are the best deals for us in Canada... By the way, at powerandplay, they charge 15USD for the whole order, no matter the number of items...so if you have other things to buy (like hubs :-) ), then now is the time....no duties, free delivery, one time 15USD$ for the order... Too bad they don't carry ARB lockers (inside joke here...)

I've got a 2001 4wd Pathfinder and am getting a different part number for the KYB GR-2: 335031 and 335030.

Not sure of the Rancho 9000XL either. I called Rancho directly and they said they have no 9000XLs for the Pathfinder from '96-2004.

So where are people getting these part numbers from?

Thanks,

Raz

I've got a 2001 4wd Pathfinder and am getting a different part number for the KYB GR-2: 335031 and 335030.

Not sure of the Rancho 9000XL either. I called Rancho directly and they said they have no 9000XLs for the Pathfinder from '96-2004.

So where are people getting these part numbers from?

Thanks,

Raz

Two different numbers for left and right struts. And Rancho doesn't know their RS9000XL shock fits an R50, but the RS999010XL does, it is what I used on my 97 and they are awaiting installation on my 01.

I'm just waiting for my GR-2s, and Ranchos... Hopefully they both fit. I ordered a bunch of @!*% and right now I'm kinda worried about all of it. The site was kinda sketchy with the product names, prices and part numbers.

The shocks and struts look good (as in, they look nice and they look like the right ones) the hubs look good ( as in the look nice....) I knew they wouldn't be the right ones, but the dude on the "other end" said he'd make them the right ones. So I trusted him (sort of) now I'll send them back. haha

Worst comes to worse, just buy them somewhere else. But I'd like to get them from this CDN site, with the "Warn Premuim Manual Hubs" for a 98 Nissan Pthfinder.. like the site said they were for, part number aside... heres the link if you were to search "Warn" for a 98 Nissan Pathfinder.. you

d come up with this (disregard the part number, cause you're "new") http://www.autopartsway.ca/acp/index.cfm?I...464~YR10~KSwarn

Tell me what you'd by if you didn't know what was the right thing to buy...

The second hub they had, with part number 29091, is the correct one. I have a feeling that the first one on their site (20990 or w/e) is for the 4 cyl WD21s and D21s...

The picture for the second one is wrong, it has the gold dial like the first one on that list...

Is it just me, or is that whole page completely inaccurate? The part # for the manual hubs for the '98 would be 29091; listed as a hub service kit on autopartsway.ca. :scratchhead:

The part number for the hubs listed on the site is for the D44 axle, NOT the Pathfinder. Here's the Warn app chart:

http://www.warn.com/truck/hubs/premium_app...ion_chart.shtml :clickdalink:

So I'd call this guy who sold you the parts and ream him out for having a failed website. :angry: