Replacing engine

muddawg

I have a 93 se pathfinder,Im thinking of replacing my engine,I seen on ebay where they have these vg30e engines for around $600-800,Has anyone purchased one of these engines or should I rebuild the one I have.Need some feed back.thanks

I have a 93 se pathfinder,Im thinking of replacing my engine,I seen on ebay where they have these vg30e engines for around $600-800,Has anyone purchased one of these engines or should I rebuild the one I have.Need some feed back.thanks

Depending on what's wrong with yours i would just rebuild your self or see if you can find one in the local scrap yard. I got my parts truck for 400 bucks and lucked out the engine was prime. I just finished my swap its not as bad as they make it out to be. The enginge i just took out is getting the TLC it needs though hahaha.

IMO you should get a VG33 (similar priced) and re-build it. Use a 3.0 crankshaft, oil pump, water pump, cam-gears accesories/accesory brakets and all electrical stuff. It WILL bolt right up and you'll be 10% stronger and 2mpg better.