death wobble 1990

GEOz2k7

Lets just say this, i searched, a lot, and i am having some luck of information. but i want to see what u guys have to say. I have read to get new lower control arms, for my rear, and the new links, but what are the real name of the links so i can try and get them from my parts store i work at. Can anyone help? thanks.

Well i guess the lower control arms were for the new pathfinders lol, sorry i forgot about my linked rear from factory, but i just called nissan, panhard rod 169.99. with bolts, u think if i do just that it could stop it? and i am gonna put new upper control arms and rear springs on in the next few weeks.

Edited by GEOz2k7

does it just shake like your tire is about to fall off? If so i had the same problem on my old 93 and it was the radius arm.......its right behind the tire looksl ike it keeps the tire from going back and forth in the wheel well. If you need a picture let me know. its like a strait bar with 2 bolts and then go into a round bar and 2 bushings at the end. Someone else might have a picture of it as well. thats what fixed my problem let me know if thats it. mine was litterally broke in half! PO said it wobbled bad and they were kidding

does it just shake like your tire is about to fall off? If so i had the same problem on my old 93 and it was the radius arm.......its right behind the tire looksl ike it keeps the tire from going back and forth in the wheel well. If you need a picture let me know. its like a strait bar with 2 bolts and then go into a round bar and 2 bushings at the end. Someone else might have a picture of it as well. thats what fixed my problem let me know if thats it. mine was litterally broke in half! PO said it wobbled bad and they were kidding

alright ill check into radious arms then. thanks man. best help yet.

yeah np. Im pretty sure thats what they are called i asked one shop and they were like wtf is that then another shop would look the part up right away so i guess there are other names for it too.

yeah np. Im pretty sure thats what they are called i asked one shop and they were like wtf is that then another shop would look the part up right away so i guess there are other names for it too.

ya i jsut tryd at my work, and no luck lol. guess ill have to call some one else, thanks man.

That's a MAJOR cause of wobble. My bushings on those rods were toast, the steering wheel wanted to shake its self out of my hand sometimes.

Now that those are replaced, theres not the slightest bit of shaking over bumps.

Compression rod/tension rod.

A Haynes manual calls it a compression rod :shrug:

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...rod+tension+rod

The rod with the old and new blue bushings is the compression rod/tension rod

Edited by kingman92010

My tension rod/compression rod on the passenger side was starting to oval out the ends so be careful. Rust was also a factor in mine. It always seemed like the tires were bouncing on the highway once i hit a bump. if i slammed on the brakes it stopped... going over 45 was almost impossible. You can see the rod from the lower control arm to the frame... good luck.

Scott