hi from the central valley cali

calibeater

whats up, i just joined this forum and decided i would introduce myself and tell you guys some more about me. i grew up on a dirt road that was like wheeling everyday, 4 creek crossing, and a couple steep hills (one was indian clay and was a lil hairy in the winter). this is where i started wheelin. i started when i was eleven and keep goin to this day (i'm 21 now so you can do the math) i've had two pathfinders 88 and 89 and my mom has an xterra that i will take out sometimes, so i am used to nissans. i live in los banos now, (under an hour from hollister hills) and lookin for some new wheelin buds once i get some money in. but i do have some questions starting off that maybe you guys could help. first is what does AC stand for? it looks as if it is used as a company name but not sure. second is what is UCA? it looks like its some suspension part. and finally for now, i know that jeep grand cherokee springs will give bout 3 inches in the rear but how do most of you lift the front and what else is requierd? i was hoping to save up and either get the calmini system, or the system the have at 4x4parts.com but they are not cheap. thanks for all your support and sorry this ran a little long.

Welcome!

I sent you a PM answering your questions, but I'd figure I'd welcome you publicly here too! There's a pretty strong group of regular Central Cali folks here. Hope we can answer any and all questions you might have!

WAVEY

i grew up on a dirt road that was like wheeling everyday, 4 creek crossing, and a couple steep hills (one was indian clay and was a lil hairy in the winter). this is where i started wheelin. i started when i was eleven and keep goin to this day (i'm 21 now so you can do the math) i've had two pathfinders 88 and 89 and my mom has an xterra that i will take out sometimes, so i am used to nissans.

Welcome to NPORA

LOL, nice intro!! Sounds like fun... :D

AC stands for Automotive Customizers (4x4parts.com)

UCA: Upper Control Arm (top A arm that holds the spindle/hub assembly on)

how do most of you lift the front and what else is requierd?

You tighten up the torsion bars. What is highly recommended it to replace the UCAs to adjust the ball joint angle.

Honestly, use the search function for a bit; all of this is well covered. No problem you asking, but it saves a lot of typing. :shrug:

Los Banos? I've passed through but usually went east north of there to cut across to Las Vegas. Are you east or west of HWY 5?

B

i am live 6 miles away from where hwy 5 crosses hwy 152. and i do try to look through old topics before i post stuff, those things i figured people could just answer really quick. i know from other forums i've been on that its best to look for stuff than fill up space askin the same questions over and over again lol