Exhaust ?s

irocjoecool

hypothetically speaking ;)

I have this friend... and he has an 88 Pathy.

Let's say that the state he lives in does NOT require emissions testing and he wanted to install pipe or a glasspack where his catalytic converter is. If the O2 sensor is upstream, will it throw any codes?

What diameter might the pipe be in that location?

stock is 2.25, run 2.5 for optimal performance..

if he's just making a "test pipe" as some call them, you want to match the size of the tube that's already there, jumping up then back down in tube size will cause restriction in the flow.. if he is running a new exhaust all the way back i say 2.5" or what ever he feels like. all the scavenging takes place in the manifolds and in the y-pipe, after that it doesnt really matter.

stock is 2.25, run 2.5 for optimal performance..

umm stock pipes are 1.875, I have some in my living room

FYI magnaflow makes a direct bolt on cat that sells on e-bay for arround 80 bucks quite often.

stock cat restricts 4-6hp

magnaflow drirect fit resrticts 2hp (normally found on ebay for 20-30% of retail value)

magnaflow metalicore; 1hp (not cheap)

testpipe 0hp (and illegal)

search the part number on ebay

86-89; 39765(50 state)

90-95; 22760 (49 state)& 39760 (ca)

if he's just making a "test pipe" as some call them, you want to match the size of the tube that's already there, jumping up then back down in tube size will cause restriction in the flow.. if he is running a new exhaust all the way back i say 2.5" or what ever he feels like. all the scavenging takes place in the manifolds and in the y-pipe, after that it doesnt really matter.

I agree with that...

umm stock pipes are 1.875, I have some in my living room

FYI magnaflow makes a direct bolt on cat that sells on e-bay for arround 80 bucks quite often.

stock cat restricts 4-6hp

magnaflow drirect fit resrticts 2hp (normally found on ebay for 20-30% of retail value)

magnaflow metalicore; 1hp (not cheap)

testpipe 0hp (and illegal)

search the part number on ebay

86-89; 39765(50 state)

90-95; 22760 (49 state)& 39760 (ca)

and i won't argue that..

ha it'll sounds like a boat and power kinda sucks

x2

I went for a joy ride open headder and open cat. both times the power band felt like it might be somwere really high above redline because it was almost dead under 3500rpm.

but I did manage to beat a few local V8's in a screaming match lol

but now I'm not all about big pipes anymore so sadly my pathy is quieter. I'll stick with my long tube headders 2" magnaflow and a wheel well dump.