issues with my pathfinder suspension

GEOz2k7

I had purchased my 1990 nissan pathfinder from my friend that i use to go mobbing with christmas day of 08. since then i have done all shocks, center link, a tie rod end, ball joints the uppers, sway bar bushings and end links on the front, idler arm. and i believe thats all. But my thing is, my upper control arms are hitting my shocks when the front end catches air, one side seems to have a bump stop to keep that one side from hitting the other its about half gone and it hits. My Question is, if i get rough country or any other control arms. will it stock my shocks from being hit by my control arms. I am 2wd and i dunno if that matters. But let me know what u think. thanks.

I had purchased my 1990 nissan pathfinder from my friend that i use to go mobbing with christmas day of 08. since then i have done all shocks, center link, a tie rod end, ball joints the uppers, sway bar bushings and end links on the front, idler arm. and i believe thats all. But my thing is, my upper control arms are hitting my shocks when the front end catches air, one side seems to have a bump stop to keep that one side from hitting the other its about half gone and it hits. My Question is, if i get rough country or any other control arms. will it stock my shocks from being hit by my control arms. I am 2wd and i dunno if that matters. But let me know what u think. thanks.

your shocks shouldnt hit the arms period. something is not set up right if they are hitting. is the camber and caster correct?

Edited by bitemedoughboy.com

ok its the passenger side shock. if u look at the control arm hanging down as ur truck is on jack stands, and wheel off. Its the left side of the control arm hitting my stock replacement shock. about a inch and a half wide persay. my alignment has not been done yet because i need to do the 3 more tie rod ends. other than that i dont know why. so no one else has had this happen?

correct but its the other side of the inner part of control arm.

The OTHER side?

Wtf?

I had no idea that was even possible!

EDIT: that pic is of the driver's side btw, in case it was mixed up with the passenger side :shrug:

Edited by kingman92010

The OTHER side?

Wtf?

I had no idea that was even possible!

EDIT: that pic is of the driver's side btw, in case it was mixed up with the passenger side :shrug:

ya mine is passenger side. so that makes sense. ur on the right track. so u got a solution yet? lol.

ya mine is passenger side. so that makes sense. ur on the right track. so u got a solution yet? lol.

I replaced the compression rod bushings, didnt do anything but cause alot of anger and frustration as something in mine is bent too.

I'm beginning to think that my whole subframe is bent since its been jumped.

If yours is the same as mine, then something on yours is definitely bent. What exactly, I have no idea other than the subframe maybe

from what i can see no frame damage. but who knows unless i take it to a body shop right? anyone think any suspension pieces could be messed up? or is it all frame related. and will control arms fix this?

one more thing to point out or question about i should say. There is a rubber bump stop under neath where the control arm lays, the driver side has it still the passenger side does not, would that be the problem?

i had mine do that back in the IFS days, just replace your bumpstop that is half gone. I used some energy suspension universal ones that were pretty thin but did the job, and i never poped CV's with them either. they worked perfect.

i had mine do that back in the IFS days, just replace your bumpstop that is half gone. I used some energy suspension universal ones that were pretty thin but did the job, and i never poped CV's with them either. they worked perfect.

thank god :) lol. now i feel a lot better. thank u bro. So my question is now, if i do control arms, what ones should i do. basically i am gonna get some new front shocks after i fix this problem, and upper control arms, torsion bars, rear springs, and then a few motor stuff. any opinions on just having this set up, i just go to pismo beach a lot and cruise it. i am never gonna jump it unless its by mistake :) let me know what u think.

I originally ran the Calmini UCAs with sway-a-way torsion bars and RS5000 shocks.. and i loved it.

since you are going to do the whole kit, it'd be easiest if you just got the calmini 3" kit.

and pismo beach...? here in cali? you should wheel with us!

I originally ran the Calmini UCAs with sway-a-way torsion bars and RS5000 shocks.. and i loved it.

since you are going to do the whole kit, it'd be easiest if you just got the calmini 3" kit.

and pismo beach...? here in cali? you should wheel with us!

the one and only right? lol. sounds good send me ur phone number in a msg and ill keep in touch with u on a trip out. where u live? i am in lompoc.