motor swap! vg30 to qx4

newpath90

hi ev erybody, this is my first post and I joined today! I have done some browsing and fell in love with this forum! Haha anywho, I have a few questions I hope some people can help me out with! I have a 90 pathy with a vg30 that's slammed and a qx4 I picked up with low miles yay! But I was wondering what horrible complications I will run into..... Thanx!

If your looking to put the VG33 (3.3L QX4)in to your pathfinder it is doable and not too compilcated

http://nissan4wheelers.com/eve/forums/a/tp...131#62610276131

But if its the VQ35 (3.5L QX4) eh... I dono.

As far as having a slammed PF, thats not exactly everybodys passion here hence the "offroad" in NPORA but then again allot of members are daily divers too so I won't knock it. I've considered getting a lowered(not slammed) pathy myself but I gotta finish my favorite rig first lol.

Sorry guys interference motor and the timing chain came off on the previous owner and slammed the valves! Hahaha get a civic! Lmao I'm sorry for not making that one clear and yes its a 97 3.3L VG33 or qx4 I definately have every intension of lifting my baby! Lol

Edited by newpath90

and slammed the valves! Hahaha get a civic!...

...I definately have every intension of lifting my baby! Lol

ok, I thought you meant lowered all the way to the ground. the guy I work with drives a "slammed pickup" thats just high enough to clear speed bumps.

Hahaha sweet well I am hoping this will be an easy adventure because I've personally never done a full motor swap. the vg33 has 72K on it and is extremely clean. I am going to install headers while its not in. My pathfinder a rebuilt transmission, new driveline, new rotors, new apoholstry and a beautiful, clean paint job so this motor will seal the deal!

the vg33 has 72K on it and is extremely clean. I am going to install headers while its not in...

you may need to ream the holes on the headders to allow for expansion because the 3.3 heads used bigger studs.

^^And check for clearance. You can't pre-mount headers on a VG30 before installation, they won't clear the bell housing on the trans. You'll prolly have to do it the old-fashioned way, cursing at them with a sore back and bloody knuckles. Good luck on the swap, though. Sounds like it'll be a pretty sweet Pathy once you're done.

^^And check for clearance. You can't pre-mount headers on a VG30 before installation, they won't clear the bell housing on the trans. You'll prolly have to do it the old-fashioned way, cursing at them with a sore back and bloody knuckles. Good luck on the swap, though. Sounds like it'll be a pretty sweet Pathy once you're done.

I didn't think it was to hard to bolt my headers on. The hard part was getting the studs swapped out without pulling the heads. (of course I have a 2" BL so I have a nice fender gap to work through.)

^^Yeah, the first time was before the lift so I didn't have the gap. Plus you're like 6' 10" or something, prolly a bit easier at that angle. Next time try getting on your knees and you'll see what I mean.

Damn my short spine! :rant2:

Actually, I was working on it on a hydrolic lift, so it was at chest level B) .