Bedlining your truck

Wash it? the hell? Yeah, because I wanna polish all my pinstriping!

You could go my route & just put bedliner over it, that way to clean that part of the Pathy all I have to do is spray touchless tire cleaner (the foam).

You could go my route & just put bedliner over it, that way to clean that part of the Pathy all I have to do is spray touchless tire cleaner (the foam).

I have a similar plan for my rig... But going to do the whole truck in beige! :jig:

ha your going to bedline the whole truck?

Yup. I see little reason to have anything else on an off-road vehicle. It works great to rust-proof a vehicle and provides ample protection while off-roading. I plan on doing beige bedliner for everything but the roof. That's gonna be done in smooth bedliner but in black. :jig:

My gf's bro's Zuk Samurai has forest green bedliner, and his friend's Jeep Cherokee has black bedliner. It serves a great purpose: armour! Just the other day out wheeling, the black JC smacked into a tree pretty good. End result: bedliner stood up too it and looked fine. His driver's side window was another story though...

geez...that would really make your truck heavy. an extra couple hundred pounds?

You're not serious right? I'm sure if we used like 10 or so gallons it might add a couple of pounds but you only need like 3 coats which is like a gallon & another quart.

You're not serious right? I'm sure if we used like 10 or so gallons it might add a couple of pounds but you only need like 3 coats which is like a gallon & another quart.

oh really? oops i didnt know that. i always thought it was heavy...my bad. i am pretty novice at this man! :crazy:

Edited by pathfinder9035

you should go for at least a 2in thick coat. ;)

you should go for at least a 2in thick coat. ;)

LOL, I dunno if I need to get that crazy with the bedliner paint... :scratchhead:

I was thinking a two coats should be sufficient. My gf's bro did that with his Zuk Samurai and the thing's just pristine despite how much he beats on it.

LOL, I dunno if I need to get that crazy with the bedliner paint... :scratchhead:

I was thinking a two coats should be sufficient. My gf's bro did that with his Zuk Samurai and the thing's just pristine despite how much he beats on it.

Do 3 light coats that way it goes on evenly & doesn't drip. Its recommended on the box to do 2 "good" coats but like I said 3 light coats is the best way to go

Are you doing Herculiner or Rhinolining?

Well I found a company called Durabak (which my gf's bro used on his Zuk and her other bro used on his Zuk long-body) so I'm considering that. They produce bedliner body paint in both textured or smooth and have a wide variety of colours. :aok:

The only issue is they won't ship direct to Canada... :thumbsdown:

NPORA link:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19811 :clickdalink:

Durabak site:

http://www.nonslipcoating.com/bodypaint.htm :clickdalink:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Yay for sure! :aok:

If you plan on wheeling your rig, bedliner paint is a no-brainer to me. Interior is a good idea; just remember what other mods you'll need to do to make it effective, i.e. removing upholstery/fabric, seat mods, seatbelt parts, etc.

Be sure to post pics if you go through with this! :D

not to thread jack, but what's everyone's opinion on bedlining the interior floor?

Thats next weekend's project. I've already seen it done on a bunch of Frontiers & Xterras & even 1 R50.

Herculined R50 interior:

101_0443.jpg

101_0442_00.jpg

It's really not that tough & we don't have that much carpet on the actual floor if you look at it.