Alignment Issues

ronin152

Well I have a Nissan Pathfinder with a 2 in lift. After installing the lift I had the tires aligned and used cam bolts to allow for more adjustment. Now that I have had the lift on for a couple months I have noticed a shake in the steering wheel and also excessive tire wear on the outside of the left front tire. There is some tire wear on the front right one by not as bad as the front left one. The alignment shop said they aligned it to factory specs. How should I go about fixing this?

Well I have a Nissan Pathfinder with a 2 in lift. After installing the lift I had the tires aligned and used cam bolts to allow for more adjustment. Now that I have had the lift on for a couple months I have noticed a shake in the steering wheel and also excessive tire wear on the outside of the left front tire. There is some tire wear on the front right one by not as bad as the front left one. The alignment shop said they aligned it to factory specs. How should I go about fixing this?

That could be the issue. With the lift installed, I don't think factory specs come into consideration. With the wear, it sounds like your camber is messed up. I'd take your rig to another shop.

That could be the issue. With the lift installed, I don't think factory specs come into consideration. With the wear, it sounds like your camber is messed up. I'd take your rig to another shop.

Well I just thought of something. When the pathy comes from the factory camber is not adjustable. However, when the lift is installed the camber angle is changed and the bolts allow for the camber to be set back to the factory setting. My question is what is the factory camber?

like i said in my message, the shop should know what the factory camber spec is. You dont go to an alignment shop with measurements telling them what you want unless its specific. All you need is the toe adjusted and the camber to factory specs. The shop should have this in their alignment computer.

Well I just thought of something. When the pathy comes from the factory camber is not adjustable. However, when the lift is installed the camber angle is changed and the bolts allow for the camber to be set back to the factory setting. My question is what is the factory camber?

For reference.... The factory camber should be between 0 degrees and 1.0 degrees positive or negative. more then that and its not good. You could even adjust it yourself. I do it all the time and my tires wear even. I still haven't gotten an alignment since i put my lift on and it wears even and drive straight.

But if the camber is unadjustable why would they even have it in there computer?