California smog legal headers

FarNorCalPATHY

:deadhorse: I have been calling and looking around for a set of headers for my 90 pathy. and some exhaust up grades.

anybody have any direction the can point :suicide: every where i call they say nope not california legal and they tell me to try this guy or that guy i feel like in gettin jerked around :wackinit:

Those are the best of your choices. I believe the only other Ca legal headers are the pace setters, but double check on that. Pace setters are better than stock manifolds, but fit/finish isn't all that great... :shrug:

I'm holding out for some thorleys.

B

Thanks guys. I check both of them out and they are both cali legal. Pace Setter wants 430 for theres and Thorley want 500 sumthing. But im ordering a Thorley kit on friday.

Thanks for yout help :beer::beer:

WOW prices went up! I think paid less than 400 for mine.

Thanks Precise

I also look in Summit they have them for $415..which is awsome. Any ideas on exhaust. I like Borla but man are the spendy. probley gunn awith flowmaster and do some fabing to get it up as close to body as i can.

And for sure if you come up this way we have some really nice spots to go wheelin at. Shasta lake is so low we go where the water was at one time. Kinda scary

Again thanks for all the help. And i should post something on the Newbie part. And said hi to everyone. I think i will do that know.

Thank again

Any ideas on exhaust.

I have a magnaflow cat back on my old 95 that I liked alot. It will get swapped over to the new 95 this spring along with a high flow cat when I install headers. I think Magnaflow is a good product for the $.

I haven't been Dunsmuir (SP) or Shasta for a while, but I'm pretty sure I'm driving up to crater lake this summer...

Sheesh, Shasta lake is low also?? Hopefully they will get enough snow pack in the next few months!!

B

From Summit...

Thorley Headers

Headers, 4-1, 1-Piece, Steel, Ceramic Coated, Nissan, D21 Pickup 1986-89/ Pathfinder 1987-89, 3.0L, Pair

1/29/09 $481.95

Remember, you have a 1990. It has MPFI, not TBI, correct? These headers listed are for TBI (different smog plumbing)...

B

Damn, I'll take the nickel-chrome instead of ceramic coating to save $150 any day!!

Nige, did you have any installation issues and do you have a manual or automatic tranny??

Thanks! :beer:

B

i have a stupid automatic, but they fit relatively well. The y pipe had enough clearance between the frame and also between the tranny oil pan. The y pipe does hang a little low, but i was able to get my black panther skids on with like 2mm of spare room ;)

Rowdy Canuck from the 4x4parts.com message board had to seriously modify his, you'll have to search that message board to find out what was wrong with them, i forget.

I think i am going to get my ECU tuned when i have my snorkel, because i think the aftermarket headers, cat and muffler make the truck's mixture a little rich. I'll have to find someone around Toronto to do that for me. I bet it will make a huge difference in the way it runs after you upgrade your exhaust and intake like that.

i have the chrome nickle plated on both rigs. 1 auto 1 manual. no problems on mini me, but king....... well......... *much modification needed* there.....

(and i'm in CA) thorleys rock! and yeah the prices have gone up since i got mine, holy crap! :ohno01: