95 Pathy Anyone tow a 19'' baot?

Guest Handyman

Guest Handyman

I have a 19'' boat that im guess with trailer and all weighs about 4,000 and my 95 3.0 V6 pathy has an auto tranny... Do you think its safe to do or would that just be to much for her or him now sure on that yet : )

Any advice on this would be great

Thanks in advance

With the auto, you'll probably want an aftermarket tranny cooler. With my 94 with a manual tranny I towed a 16ft boat heavily loaded, along with 4 people (including myself) and a ton of camping gear. Went about 500 miles round trip, up 2 passes each way, 4 total. Absolutely no problems.

With the auto, you'll probably want an aftermarket tranny cooler. With my 94 with a manual tranny I towed a 16ft boat heavily loaded, along with 4 people (including myself) and a ton of camping gear. Went about 500 miles round trip, up 2 passes each way, 4 total. Absolutely no problems.

Just on a note, Nissan manuals have a lower tow rating than automatics, I asked a tech once why and he said the clutch due to different driving habits. I'd say no problem Just FYI

:huh:

I sure in hell hope you can pull a 19" boat! NOw a 19' boat you still shouldn't have a problem. Tranny cooler is the wise was to go. I've towed a 16' myself and not a problem.

I was talking to a guy the other day that has a 9.5" lift and 35's on his Dorango. Tuf as hell to pull his 24' Jet boat. Good luck!

Stock size (diameter) tires and gearing of course help here, along with any extra power you can squeeze. But for anyone familiar with the NW, I did the last climb up Snoqualmie at about 55 with no issues. Sure wasn't going to pass anyone, but all was good.

I have a 20' fishing boat that also weighs around 4000lbs which I tow all the time with my 95 automatic. I haven't towed for any great distance, but I am confident that I could take it on a road trip with no problems. Make sure the trailer is well balanced as far as tounge weight, too much and the truck will handle terribly. Rule of thumb, when the trailer is lowered on to the truck, the rear end shouldn't sink lower than the front, at most the truck should be level with the ground. Also if the trailer doesn't already have brakes, install them, I plan on doing that to my trailer, because stopping in a hurry is a little scary. Use your tranny to help you slow down one gear at a time. Good luck, hope my info was helpful.