locks not unlocking/locking with key

FindingThePath

Has anyone else had this problem? My doors will lock/unlock fine from the inside controls (with the exception of the right rear door which I always have to lock manually.) However, when I put the key in any of the front door locks turning it either way does nothing. This just started a week ago after I got my rear seal changed.

Has anyone else had this problem? My doors will lock/unlock fine from the inside controls (with the exception of the right rear door which I always have to lock manually.) However, when I put the key in any of the front door locks turning it either way does nothing. This just started a week ago after I got my rear seal changed.

the little plastic tab that holds the linkage in the door latch broke off, you need part# 80579 and 80510J, they ar a bitch to replace.. i just did mine, the local dealer told me i had to buy the compler latch assembly for 140 bucks ea., i got the parts from courtesynissan.com for $17 incl. shipping

wd21_805-1.gif

Edited by bitemedoughboy.com

anyone else have the problem when its cold you turn the key and the lock opens but then you tuirn it back the other way tio take the key back out and it falls back down? Whats with that? sometimes it does it sometimes it doesnt. My older pathfinder did the same thing. Also when i close my door sometimes the doors automactily lock so i have been locked out a few times due to the keys being in the ignition and i get out and cose the door then they lock.

the little plastic tab that holds the linkage in the door latch broke off, you need part# 80579 and 80510J, they ar a bitch to replace.. i just did mine, the local dealer told me i had to buy the compler latch assembly for 140 bucks ea., i got the parts from courtesynissan.com for $17 incl. shipping

wd21_805-1.gif

Thanks for the info! I will try this while I'm on Christmas vacation. :beer:

Yeah it is usually part# 80579 per the drawing. I got a similar part (not exact but has worked over a year now) that was labled for "Dodge" from the part store in the rack of "HELP" generic parts, think it was $2.50.