Another Question on lifting

Xtreme2Pathfinder

Okay guys another question from a newbie!

What do you really need to lift the front end of a pathy?

I know that you need the Upper Control Arms but do you need to replace the torsions or add ball joint spacers?

(I know in sport truck world you can just change spring or control arm or spindles or chance all three depending on how low and what type of ride you want.)

Do you have to do anything to the front axle or drive shaft?

I figure that the rear end is pretty much easy just going with JGC Coils. (that took me a little to figure out what JGC was then afterwards it was like P... ) Kind of like finding the arrow in the fedEX logo. P...

All I want right now is a 3" lift suspension lift. I have found some parts on 4x4parts.com and was wondering also if anyone has gotten any from there and if these are good prices for what you are getting. upper control arms for 199.95 and torsion bars for $189.95 but also have kits ranging from 694.95 for Complete suspension package includes 3" custom suspension lift with 1.5" lift coils, 4 Rancho RS5000 shocks, after-market torsion bars with 30% higher spring rate and idler arm brace. to $824.95

I know that I'll probably be back with some questions about lifting the pathy with a body lift and what problem everybody ran into lift their pathy!!

???

Thanks for the help

lm

Search. =D All you really need to lift the front end is some wrenches and an alignment, but yeah, new UCAs are generally a good idea. You can replace the t-bars if yours are seriously old and sagging. Since you're already getting JGC coils, don't waste your money on one of the suspension packages that includes lift coils. And theoretically you don't need new shocks either; but they're also a good idea while you're at it. But yeah. Search. For something like "suspension lift". :P

if we just had stickys for everything ... what use would we need in actually communicating with each other? except for posting pictures of eachothers pets, and really horrible Flash games from the net ... :lol:

I'm sure we'll always be breaking things and getting screwy ideas. I have faith in this crew. :rolleyes: -alcohol-

Just cos no one else pointed it out, but that kit he mentioned, the 3" costom lift kit, he said it had 1.5" lift coils!!!.

Either theres a set of 1.5" body lift blocks to install along with the springs(whats the point in only going 1.5" on a body lift, all that work you might as well go more!!) or that kits a total scam!!!

You can't get 3" of lift out of springs that are only rated as 1.5" lift. Right???

Just cos no one else pointed it out, but that kit he mentioned, the 3" costom lift kit, he said it had 1.5" lift coils!!!.

Either theres a set of 1.5" body lift blocks to install along with the springs(whats the point in only going 1.5" on a body lift, all that work you might as well go more!!) or that kits a total scam!!!

You can't get 3" of lift out of springs that are only rated as 1.5" lift. Right???

Maybe another 1.5" worth of lift from coil spacers or something? Pretty crazy though.

Hey Diesel and Mr Pickle,

Thanks guys, That why we "newbie" ask these dumb questions after doing some research that some old the vet already know. I would have missed 1.5 lift springs. I saw it and thought it was a little weird but didn't think anything about it. You are right, what the point of lifting a truck if you are only going to lift it 1.5? I want to go with a total of 6" when I finished with the truck but I think that I will go with only a 3" body lift up until I see that I'm having a ground clearance problem.

Here is a link to the page that I got the info from!

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...a70cbb3b31a20b4

Thanks for pointing out the fault in this kit!

LM

Odd!!!!

Thats false advertising, consumer rights or what ever. Love to hear how they justify that claim.

Look for 3" lift springs. You could probably just about squeeze that out of the front end. If you go 2" lift, all you need is the coils for the rear, the front end can be wound up 2" easily, and will still align properly.

The Ranco RS5000 are over rated in my opinion, i bought a set with high expectations, but was dissapointed. With the extra sping strength in your lift coils(30%), and the higher tension on your torsion bars from their 2" wind up, the poor little Ranchos just couldn't handle the rebound strength of the springs and T bars, and i was for ever bouncing over stuff. Go GAS CHARGED (or a better Rancho shock)!!!!!!!!

Thats about the limit of my knowledge in lifts. Might i just mention that a member " SW " from OZ lifted is Pathy with a 2" body lift. Minimal trouble, no bending transfer levers, no releasing brake lines, very painless. That would give you a total of 4' lift, very easily, and relativly cheaply too.

Steves posts on his body lift will be lurking around, so try the search function.

Still, its a package thats advertised as giving a 3" lift, and it won't unless you get the higher springs.

If you didn't know any better, you would buy it as is and be dissapointed!!!!

Never mind, at least the majority of people in this world have the sense to see through such things ;)