what are a decent spot/driving light for the lower bumper area shown in pix

smoke

I need some extra lighting in the front......as i drive lots of back roads and late at night.....needs to be reativly cheap but not walmart brand cheap......so more of a spotlight/driving light.......that close together will there be problems....

DSC01382.jpg

the area in blue is where and the red area i will be cutting out with a dremel or something. so it will basically be 7''X9''......whats better square light head or round light head??

Round is the best for optimal light distribution, however in that area, I would suggest a set of Hella 550s, then you can keep your OEM fog lights as well.

these would be basically replacing the existing lights.....and using existing wireing....unless thats a bad idea and having to be completely rewired cause of power draw needs???

prolly going with 100 watt bulbs for that extra punch and range........what u think??

im also prolly going to put some wide angle fogs in the area under the turn signals later but want to get that extra range first

Edited by smoke

I'd look at IPF and Hella for sheer bang for the buck in terms of output vs price. But if you really want to light up the roads at night, there's no substitute for the best...Lightforce.

That said, round lights are going to distribute light much better than square/rectangular ones, simply because a round light will have a parabolic reflector, and a square/rectangular light will not.

There's a reason that I run round driving lights on my truck.

PIAA 1500 driving lights. PIAAs always make a huge difference. The 1500 is rectangular just like your old lights and they produce LOTS more light. I've owned about 4 sets of 1500's and have yet to be disappointed by them. :D You can get driving or fog style in that series, driving lights produce a rounded spot of light further ahead of you and fog produces a narrow horizontal beam of light closer to you.

The 1500's are the smaller lower lights on the front of my Pathy. Mine are driving lights with the ion yellow lenses.

1156250198_large.jpg