Exhaust Stuff.

jmcardamone

:takebow: Ok. Listen. I just Picked up D21Man's 89 pathy. After Working on varuous Rust spots and Such it is comming time to Replace the Ehaust. I need From the Manifold Back to the Cat. My Question, Is it Better to Remove both sides and the Bolts from the Cat, Take it all down, Buy and fabricate a New Y Pipe Assembly and Install, Or is it better to Just Break down and buy it. And if it is better to buy, Where can i get it CHEAP! I am Broke Broke Broke and I need to Get this Darn Thing Through inspection. It will NEVER pass with the ammount of Exhaust that's Invading my Cab! Any Help would be Appreciated. if anyone's Got one thats Not Rotted, I have a Bunch of Pathy parts that i could possible Swap ya For. Thanks All and :beer: for all!

yeah, i just got back from the mechanic's this morning and I discovered I have the same problem with mine. The gaskets between the manifold and Y pipe have rotted out and are leaking -at least it wasn't the manifold that was going like I thought *phew!*, but i don't think that doing this exhaust is going to be any cheaper, but at least I can work on it myself rather than paying someone. I would be interested to hear what y'all got to say about what me and cardamone should do

Cool! Not too Expensive! but i might just suck mine off and Weld weld weld. I think i can eat enough Soup to Frabricate my own! Mater of fact, Ill eat Chunky Soup just to Limit the ammount of backpressure!

:crazy:

• 2 months later...

Ok guys Check this out. All the Piping from manifolds to the cat, with gaskets, with shipping, 97 Bucks!! I CAN BEAT THAT WITH A STICK!! and From what i Heard, they are a Normal Part of A pathfinders Exhaust Problems. I have NEVER had a Pathfinder without Stinky Exhaust! HEHE. Im Exicted!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pathfinder54

depending on the year of your path. the y pipe is made u of 2 pieces .if u go to advance auto part.com u can get them for around 200.00 for everthing(pipes gaskets)or walker exhust.com i hope this will help u out .cause mine y pipe was rotted and i got told that it was dealer only so i shoped around and found it for half the cost of dealer