new pathy owner here

ryancasper2004

I just purchased my first pathfinder the day before thanksgiving. I traded in my 2008 Honda Civic Si into carmax for a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4. I loved my civic, don't get me wrong. But my other car, a jeep compass, just doesn't do the job I want out of a 4x4 vehicle. And I was sick of the stupid rice burners always wanting to race me. It really gives the sport compact seen a bad wrap. However, I am glad I went with the pathfinder. Much more solid then any jeep (besides the wrangler) I have ever driven. I also needed something with a bit more payload capacity to pull my four wheelers and my jet skis. I picked it up for $11k with only 40k miles on it. It was a company owned vehicle before. Now I need your guys' help. I can't leave a car stock, so what do you suggest I do? Give me some ideas.

Edited by ryancasper2004

Welcome to the forum bud...I had a 96 Accord before coming into my Pathies, Hondas are great vehicles, but I had people trying to race me and mine was stock!

As far as modding, it depends on what you want...if you are going for 4x4 utility theres is 2 suspension lifts available, OME and AC lifts, skid plates, sliders, wheels and tires, brush guards, off road lights, etc. etc. Its all your taste...

Welcome Ryan!! I suggest you poke around the R51 forum and 'members rides' section for ideas of what you want to do. Congrats on your purchase, it sounds like you got a good deal!

And I was sick of the stupid rice burners always wanting to race me.

LMAO!! I know what you mean. I had some idiot the other day who was showing off/wanting to race. I was driving the GF's stock Toyota Matrix (1.8L, 128hp). Idiot... :rolleyes:

B

Welcome Ryan!! I suggest you poke around the R51 forum and 'members rides' section for ideas of what you want to do. Congrats on your purchase, it sounds like you got a good deal!

LMAO!! I know what you mean. I had some idiot the other day who was showing off/wanting to race. I was driving the GF's stock Toyota Matrix (1.8L, 128hp). Idiot... :rolleyes:

B

B, 2004... :fish:

i know freal...i mean I had mine modded out, but it was clean, i wasnt in to street racing or anything. Only time I raced, was at the track. here is some shots of the old car

2mrumvp.jpg

22xcon.jpg

as far as my taste with the pathy...i want to keep it clean nothing overboard..but still look bad a$$ ya know.

Woo, nice and clean all blacked out...too bad you had to get rid of it, but you made a smart choice...

B, I think he would have been just fine but Im just making sure your ok :tonguefinger:

thanks, yea I got a my first house and getting married in may, so I had to do some trimming on my finances. Including selling my bike :scratchhead: but..once i get everything organized, Ill get another bike :tonguefinger:

as far as the pathy goes..what route do you think i should take