Blinkers wont work

Kmk2zf

This past week I replaced my existing cd player in my 2004 Pathfinder SE (which was made by Panasonic) with a new one by kinwood. After attaching all the wiring harness's and after putting everything together I went for a drive. When I went to use my blinker they didn't work. So I took it back apart to see if I had any exposed wires that may have shorted it, out but i didn't. And I also checked all the fuses and they are all fine. Everything works in the car except my blinkers, even my hazards work just not the individual blinkers. any Ideas on what it is?

do they light up but not blink? because if they do then you need to replace the flasher that happened in my buddies jeep. the flasher for the blinker broke so the light would just sit on but the hazzards worked fine.

No the blinkers dont work at all its like they have no power to them. And I couldnt see any loose wires or anything. I didnt know if the blinkers ran through the radio cause thats all I worked on unless I detached something when I was putting the unit back in.

If you forgot to plug the flasher button in they won/t work either...Nissan uses a Positive ground system (or however that's said)

(Nice Z Edicer!)

ha thanks!

Have you tried hooking the ither radio back in to see if that fixed the problem? To be honest the radi oshouldnt have any effect on the blinkers my guess is you have a short somewhere or maybe a wire got pulled loose when you took the other radio out.

I can't believe nobody chimed in suggesting that you were low on blinker fluid. :shrug:

strange that the hazards work and not the blinkers... tells me it's not a wiring issue. Perhaps a relay gone bad?

Have you checked the electrical diagrams and looked for points of failure?

Edited by k9sar

Did you check the plug on the back of the hazard switch to make sure all the connection pins are ok ( assuming you needed to disconnect it to remove the fascia panel))

Check for a broken off or a bent pin as a result of the disconnection.

Also make sure the factory grounding points are still all connected and that you havent disconnected/cut one when you wired in the player

The only other thing to try I can think of, is to pull the blinker fuse out and replace it with a new one. Just to make sure there is no problem with it

Geoff

PS I wouldnt worry about checking the blinker fluid level. Most blinker systems now days are sealed so the blinker fluid cant leak out :rolleyes:

Edited by Geoff57

I don't know about pathys, but in other vehicles I have had the hazard relay was a different one than for the blinkers, yet they had the same connections so you could swap them temporarily to see if it is the relay that is burned out.

I agree this is weird though.

Edited by BowTied

I finally got a chance to take another look at it, and I took a look at the hazard switch connection, and one of the pins was smashed down and all I had to do was bend it back up and they worked fine. Thanks for the help guys!