AB Valve

Kingman

I broke the stupid plastic-type hose that connects it from the bottom to the throttle body so I just took it off. I noticed it refused to run, so I stuck a screw in a small vacuum line and a chunk of rubber cone into the throttle body connector.

Runs fine, starting up when its cold is strange. Instead of revving up when it starts and settles, it starts and the rpm immediately drops to almost nothing then creeps back up to normal.

So I'm wondering if there are any long term affects of removing this. Is it going to pass emissions without it?

Bad for the engine?

Gas mileage?

AB = Anti-Backfire. The AB valve re-routes intake vacuum when you're driving and suddenly let off the gas. That way it doesn't backfire through the intake and cause an engine fire. ;) I took mine off, but I don't have emissions to pass.

So thats why it kinda pops a little...

Gotcha

I'm straight piped right now, so it sounds like a gunshot :D

Straight pipe? As in no cat or muffler? You are joking, right?

I can attest to that too! When I let off from higher RPMs, and I get a backfire, I wonder who was shooting at me.

BTW, in the states if it's "Off Road Only" you don't need emissions. Yet another advantage to a Diesel.

Straight pipe? As in no cat or muffler? You are joking, right?

B

Well, i do have a magnaflow cat on, and its straight pipe from there. I have another set up with a brand new muffler on it for emissions

It's too quiet with the muffler on...