Might get rid of the Pathy and buy a Maxima

jpawela

Hi, basically my sister's boyfriend's car died and I had to lend them my Pathy for a while. He now has the Pathy bug and wants to buy it off me. I'm tempted since it's kinda turned into a money pit. If I could get 4,000 (it's a 95 XE with 107000miles) from it, and get a local 4th generation Maxima for 3,200, do you think that would be a good idea? Most of my driving now is on the road and he says he'll let me borrow it when I get the urge to go wheeling. I'm looking at getting a cruiser.

This Maxima I'm looking at is a 96 SE with 120,000 miles.

Any input is much appreciated.

Edited by jpawela

Well, it comes down to your needs and wants. If you don't need (or want) the pathy, and you can get a Maxi with money to spare which suits your needs better, hey do it! Personally I don't know a Maxima from a hole in the ground (other than it may have parts I can scavenge) so I can't help there. Just make sure you aren't trading something mostly fixed for something needs fixing... :shrug:

B

My gf has a 97 with the 3.0 and a 5 speed...the thing rips(its a nissan)...awesome car(its a nissan)...very comfortable(its a nissan)...decent stock stereo(its a nissan)....goood motor(its a nissan)....buy it(because its a nissan)

Ok, big change here. I just found a local dealer this morning who has a 95 Pathy SE with 106Kmiles in decent condition for $1800. I think I'll spring for it. It runs better than the Pathy I have now.

I think Precise nailed it...if you're not looking for a 4x4 then you might as well buy a car. If I didn't take my truck off road then I'd just sell it and buy a car...cheaper on gas and does everything I need it to.

The Maxima wasn't a go. Too rotted underneath (thanks, nunya). So, I fell for the Pathy for sale across town. That's right, it's mine as of a few hours ago. Very stressful and I'm still having post-car-buying-stress-disorder...Again, it's a 95 SE with 106K and I plan on doing the timing belt sometime next week. I paid 2,000 out the door. Meanwhile, my white XE I sold for $4,300. It had quite a few upgrades and the body was in nicer condition than the one I just bought. This is just my second vehicle and it's ready for my personal touch.

I'll post pix up in the appropriate thread when daylight comes...thanks all for the input.