ARB locker for 2001

fleurys

I searched the forum before but ended up empty handed...sorry if it already been said...

I'm looking for the options I have for a locker for my 2001. I checked eaton's products including the detroit and e-locker but nothing is available... preferably, I would liked better to have a locker which i can activate when i want to...so it was either eaton e-locker or arb air-locker.

Looking at the arb air-locker, the application chart kinda of misled me... I'm under the impression, if I read right somehwere in here, that my pathy has a 33 pline h233B at the rear..but I might be wrong...this would explain the following :

Looking at the arb chart, it tells me that an arb locker is available for 31 spline for pathfinder from 86 to 2005, then for 2005 and up with 33 spline ?? WTF ?

Can someone tell me , either from experience (counting the damn splines on the shaft) or pointing me to some reference page, what does my path 2001 (LSD) has for the number of spline..? while your at it, if you know more about what are my options (either on-demand or automatic lock), please feel free to educate me ! :shrug:

Here's the arb sheet : arb-locker-spec.jpg

**Update **

OK , searching differently i found this thread : http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...p;hl=spline++33 and michiganave finds that RD24 is the part number from arb...the only hicup is that nowhere is it in the arb application sheet (USA OR International)... The post was in 2007...anyone know if arb part numbers changed since then ??... man it's getting ridiculous ... :wtf:

Edited by fleurys

RD24 is the correct part number. All R50's use the 33-spline H233B (same as the gen-1 Xterras, 00-04). There's a chance that a vendor somewhere can get a hold of p/n RD24, even if ARB doesn't have it shown in their current US application chart. From the application chart (page 6), it looks like possibly RD135 is the replacement, but to be certain I would contact (call) someone at ARB USA to confirm what's different between RD24 and RD135.

Edited by XPLORx4

The RD24 and RD135 fit the same applications... and they are both correct.

The RD24 was revamped and is now called the RD135 which is a stronger unit, they are now using chromoly steel for the gears inside the locker. They also switched from a 3 piece housing to a 2 piece.

Let me know if you are interested in one. They are in stock ready to ship.

The RD24 and RD135 fit the same applications... and they are both correct.

The RD24 was revamped and is now called the RD135 which is a stronger unit, they are now using chromoly steel for the gears inside the locker. They also switched from a 3 piece housing to a 2 piece.

Let me know if you are interested in one. They are in stock ready to ship.

Good info.