Broken 'dome' nut (sp?) on window strut....how is this fixed?

BobLoblaw

I just finished replacing my rear hatch!! :beer: I was soooo happy. My XE now has a near mint SE hatch with the cool LED brake light and a working wiper. So awesome. Anyway, I was finishing up and tightening the 2 dome nuts that hold the strut that holds the rear window up, when SNAP!!! It busted off. It was the lower of the 2 nuts on the right side. It was the only F#@$ up of the 5 hour project (other than some linkage issues - if you've done this you know what I mean). I was crushed! :ar15:

Will this broken bolt/nut effect anything that much? How does one fix a break like this - the thread is sticking out of the hatch and the dome nut screws onto it. Is it expensive?

Edited by BobLoblaw

I just finished replacing my rear hatch!! :beer: I was soooo happy. My XE now has a near mint SE hatch with the cool LED brake light and a working wiper. So awesome. Anyway, I was finishing up and tightening the 2 dome nuts that hold the strut that holds the rear window up, when SNAP!!! It busted off. It was the lower of the 2 nuts on the right side. It was the only F#@$ up of the 5 hour project (other than some linkage issues - if you've done this you know what I mean). I was crushed! :ar15:

Will this broken bolt/nut effect anything that much? How does one fix a break like this - the thread is sticking out of the hatch and the dome nut screws onto it. Is it expensive?

Is this the one on the glass?

If so it is part number 90454-AD010

Part is still available.

post a pic just to be clear... I may have spares

Sorry for the delay. Here's a pic. It's a cell phone pic but you'll see where it is. The thread pokes out from the steel part of the hatch, and the nut goes on it. How can I fix this?

post-4513-1225769859_thumb.jpg