95 stereo ?s

Guest Trip

I have an 8 speaker setup and was going to change out the headunit and speakers.....I figured out that the rear speaker on the ceiling, just pop off the grid for access.....but I feel that Im gonna break something trying to pop off the small door panel that contains the speakers...any suggestions?and are both pairs 5x7 size?

and also, if I use a normal wire harness for the headunit, will the factory amps still be powering everything including the tweeters( I plan on leaving those) up front and the ones on the ceiling in the back....thanks Trip

StrangerStringBand.com

There's a sticky post at the top of the garage section that should tell you just about everything you need to know.....but....here's your answers.

To access the front speakers, I've always just taken the whole door panel off, because it seems to me the front grills don't come off easily.

If you're just buying a harness, and intend to go through the stock wiring, then yes, the stock amps will power everything, and your new deck will simply be a head unit. This will ensure that all crossovers are still functional, thus you shouldn't blow your tweeters as easily as some of us have P... -alcohol-

Good luck :aok:

Thanks for the reply......I read the sticky, just need to clarify removal of the door panels...its two seperate pieces, one containing the speakers and another covering the rest of the door.....do these pry off seperately or as one peice and is there any secrets to it so I dont break anything

Thanks for the reply......I read the sticky, just need to clarify removal of the door panels...its two seperate pieces, one containing the speakers and another covering the rest of the door.....do these pry off seperately or as one peice and is there any secrets to it so I dont break anything

Um, my 94 comes off as 1 piece, not 2. You just go remove the window switch and screws at the door handle, and go around the edges carefully popping the plastic clips, then slide the whole thing up and off.

Yep, it's all one piece. Take off the little cap on the door lock, pry off the black plastic door switch, inside the door handle grip there's a little plastic cap that pops off to reveal a screw, and pry off the little plastic trim piece around the door pull handle. Then just go around with a wide flat screwdriver or the like and pop off the clips.