Need wiring components?

mws

http://order.waytekwire.com/cgi-bin/lansaw...WEBID(S0020):01

Waytek wire. I have been dealing with them for years, and have only the very, very best to say about them.

Great source for terminals, zip ties, relays, fuse blocks, wire, heatshrink, wire clamps, battery terminals, hose clamps, and the like.

They are a distributor for small manufacturers (like trailer builders and the like), but are also willing to deal with non-manufacturers as well. They sell in "smallish" bulk quantities and do have a minimum of about $5 per line item, so you usually end up buying 100 pieces or more of individual size electrical connectors. I do lots of vehicle wiring, so I can use the high volumes. Not exactly ideal for the individual, but if you have a place to store all the excess, it is a great deal! You can get 100 pieces for the same price you would pay for 5 or 10 locally. For instance, fuses. I just bought 100 (yes, 100) 10 amp standard fuses for $7.38. That is 7 cents apiece.... I will probably never have to buy any again fior the rest of my life!

HEY, B! Zip tie prices are awesome as well. I like the Hellerman/Tyton brand, and I dare you to find them cheaper! $1.50 for 100 of the little 4" guys? Beat it! I dare ya!

What I have been doing is getting the parts I absolutely need, and then buy a few more sizes and other parts. After a couple $100 orders, I have a HUGE inventory of electrical connectors in just about every size I could ever need.

Sweet Find!

I could have used this site last year when I made about 30 trips back and forth to NAPA to pick up more shrink tube, then more shrink tube, then more shrink tube. I swear ya never know how much you need until you on your last piece. Thanks for the link.

*Bookmarked*

*edit*

Btw. Have you ever found a table that shows you what gauge wire that should be used for the amount of wattage/current your going to be using/flowing?

Edited by Dowser

Very cool Martin. I've been looking for some 150amp marine style breakers and they have them. If I can't find them locally in the next little while, I'll be ordering one of those from there. :aok:

Btw. Have you ever found a table that shows you what gauge wire that should be used for the amount of wattage/current your going to be using/flowing?

Here's my go to for the absolute MINIMUM wire size for continuous loads. These are based on keeping wires from getting dangerously hot.

http://circuitcalculator.com/wordpress/wp-...td_975_wire.htm

Make sure you note the "derating" schedule at the bottom. Most folks do not use teflon jacket, so you need to adjust the parameters.

And for most applications, I then bump up a gage or two (numerically lower) to minimize voltage drop. But I like to start with the absolute minimum and go from there.

HEY, B! Zip tie prices are awesome as well. I like the Hellerman/Tyton brand, and I dare you to find them cheaper! $1.50 for 100 of the little 4" guys? Beat it! I dare ya!

Hey Red, here are your supplies the next time you have to mount a battery, shock or seat... :D

B