Nissan Pathfinder 2003 SE battery replacement

vanuatoo

Hello

I bought Nissan Pathfinder 2003 SE and imported it to europe.

Battery went dead and I want to replace it.

The problem is that I don't know what would be the best replacement for it.

I'm interested in the following parameters:

Cold cranking amps (CCA)

Cranking amps (CA)

Reserve Capacity (RC)

If any of you have the battery except the Nissan's OEM one, could you look at it and read that parameters for me?

Thank you in advance

Vano

Edited by vanuatoo

just get an optima yellow-top, it should meet all you expectations. If you need something less extreme the red-top is more affordable. most auto stores can get em and most performace & 4x4 shops stock em.

Unfortunately I can't find Optima store or someone who sells them.

We've got Varta in here and Banner, also Bosch.

The problem is that the only battery that fits in the original stand is the Varta's one with 70Ah and 630 CCA.

I just don't want to waste the money.

Optima recommended 90Ah 720CCA RedTop but I can't get it in here.

I'm afraid to spend money and have problems with starting the car in the cold winter when the temperature might go down to -20 Celsius.

Edited by vanuatoo

summitracing.com sells them and they are on ebay too

and 4wheel parts sells them. click the link to find a store near you.

edit; ok you In europe... your profile says georgia. Idno where you'll get them. and I was thinkn "hows it get -20 in gerogia" maybe somone stateside could buy one and mail it to you.

Edited by MY1PATH

ok you In europe... your profile says georgia. Idno where you'll get them. and I was thinkn "hows it get -20 in gerogia" maybe somone stateside could buy one and mail it to you.

:)

I've updated profile.

If I install 70Ah battery with 630CCA will it damage anything in the car?

Also is it safe to just disconnect cables and leave a car without power when replacing battery or I should use external source and provide power to the car during the replacement process?

Mechanics told me that on some cars when replacing a battery without providing non-interupted power they had problems with the car not starting at all. Processor problems I guess.

Also is it safe to just disconnect cables and leave a car without power when replacing battery or I should use external source and provide power to the car during the replacement process?

Mechanics told me that on some cars when replacing a battery without providing non-interupted power they had problems with the car not starting at all. Processor problems I guess.

We swapped mine a few times without an alternate power source, and no issues. Other than I lost my radio stations. DAMN! :D

• 2 weeks later...
We swapped mine a few times without an alternate power source, and no issues. Other than I lost my radio stations. DAMN! :D

i just bought the optima yellow top 34/78 , i havent installed it yet bc of shoulder surgery i had but when i recover is it a direct fit? did u have to do any modding to make it fit with the height of length