Pushing the limits on wheel/tire size

Trancebear

I finally got me some nice rims and tires. These suckers just barely fit and even have some room for when I beat my Pathy in the mountains.

The tires are 265/60/18 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour and the rims are 18x8.5 American Racing Teflon "Fuel". What y'all think? I can't wait to get them dirty.

Here are some quick pics, I will post better ones later. My factory aluminum rims and LT245/75/16 are for sale now.

SSPX0227.jpg

SSPX0226.jpg

Edited by Trancebear

looks nice!! any rubbing up front?

Nope, it clears just barely but I am going to trim a little plastic just to be safe for when I get this thing airborn. I was very suprised they fit. I bought the whole pachage from the Tire Rack on-line and guessed at the right offset, which is 18mm. These fill the wheel well perfect.

Nice lookin bud...how well do they fit around the lower spring perch on the strut? My Xterra S/C wheels with 265/65R17 had a little more than 1/4" between the tire and spring perch...

and how do you like those tires? If i didnt get the wheels I did I was gonna get them for the stock rims...still considering them for these or the General Grabber A/T2...

Edited by laxman0324

Nice lookin bud...how well do they fit around the lower spring perch on the strut? My Xterra S/C wheels with 265/65R17 had a little more than 1/4" between the tire and spring perch...

and how do you like those tires? If i didnt get the wheels I did I was gonna get them for the stock rims...still considering them for these or the General Grabber A/T2...

I have about 1/2 inch between the strut tower and the tire, about the same as my 245/75/16. These tires are 30.6 inches tall. The tires are rated very good all around the web. I needed a good

snow tires and wet traction here in Denver. I travel to the mtns alot. They are the quietest A/T tire on the market and the Kevlar sidewalls don't hurt either. The tires also some with free road hazard

and free roadside assistance from Goodyear, that suprised me alot. It was a toss-up beyween these and the Yokohama Revo's but for the money the Goodyears are better. Go to Tirerack.com and check out the ratings for all their A/T tires. These Goodyears are #3 on the list. What's good about this size is they are factory upgrade size for the new Pathys and Armada's and most Land Rovers. Should be easy to find used, wheels and tires, all the same bolt pattern.

Edited by Trancebear

those are 18s?

anyway, looks great. i have 16in american racing Chamber (also Teflon). i think i would have gotten the ones you got, if i knew they existed!

Very much 18's. I almost got the 16's to keep me original tire but if I was spending that much money might as well go for the bling factor. I really think the 18's look more meatier.