suspention lift

DaveS

i want to know peoples experiences with the polyurethane ball joint spacers and how they are installed. do they require a alignment how difficult is the process what tools are needed etc. the package says that it provides 1 inch of lift at the wheel. does that include adjusting the torsion bars or is that just spacing that the block provides???

here is the link to the product https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=199

Thanks Dave

First of all....they are NOT polyurethane. Typically they're aluminum.

Secondly, there have been a few folks that have used them, some with success, others, with destroyed UCA's from the spacers. I would steer clear of them, and spend the extra money on a decent set of aftermarket upper control arms. You'll be much happier in the end.

You will still have to crank the torsion bars to achieve lift. These simply allow for correct ball joint angle once the torsion bars are cranked to desired height.

Edited by Simon

IIRC ppl had the most problems with the 1" and I'd have to search but I don't recall any instances with the .5".

the page states "Will require maximum torsion bar re-indexing"

I don't think its so much the ball joint position as it is keeping the uca closer to the stock angle while lowering the LCA so that it does not throw off your camber as much.

I had .25" spacers water-jet-cut out of stainless steel. After I installed them, The alignment shop said they had an easier time getting the camber to spec and that they had to use less shims to do so.