"lift kit or any cheap way to lift an 88' pathy

Guest 88pathypimp

Guest 88pathypimp

i wanna know how to raise a an 88' Pathfinder a cpuple inches(3-4 inches) as cheap as possible(what springs and shocks should i get? what tires would be best? anything to raise it a couple inches) i just want a Pathfinder to be able to climb better and clear more obstacles.

you could do a suspension lift, or you could do a body lift ... the body lift is the cheapest being only in the 70-90 dollar range ...

suspension lift depends all on the quality of a product you want

there is Calmini, A/C's lift, Rancho and Superlift(a-arms only)

do a search either here of google it to find more answers...

Yeah, basically Calmini = expensive / nice, AC = decent price / ok, Rancho = expensive / crappy, Superlift = good / good.

I'd go with a body lift for now, that's what I did to lift mine since I'm not altogether too rich right now. I'm happy with it and the installation wasn't TOO bad. Just lots of things to do..

Search for "suspension lift". :)

Hey i am on the way with hockey pucks and some grade 8 new longer bolts. Easy as pie. Only thing i have to do is lower the radiator so the fan doesn't shred and raise the 4x4 shifter so it shifts into the two missing gears.

The 31 inch BFgoodrichs i put on added a bit of air to my Pathfinder the pucks will give it the raise it needs / total so far in pucks & bolts $45- bucks.

Labour is free if done your self and easy to do! Pictures within the next 2 weeks gonna lift and paint things hehehehehhee. Welding gear onto the beast soon.

Face lift time for my 87 Pathfinder :wacko:

I just cannot justify dropping a grand on a lift suspension wise yet! I keep spending more cash on broken parts which the budget for the lift is turning into the redneck $uck lift LOL P...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 88pathypimp

thanx :rolleyes: for all the replies im not shure which way im going to lift , but as soon as i do ill take pictures of before and after-- itll hopefully be badass :aok: