Wheels spacers...

laxman0324

So as some of you know I manaed to get ahold of some Xterra S/C wheels. The tire size on them is 265/65R17, and the tires are much much cheaper and a larger selection in 265/70R17. I measure my clearance and I have bout 3/8" from the top of my current tire to the strut tower and the tire is about an inch under the strut tower, so my thinking is if I can get a wheel spacer that is an inch or an inch and a hald that would clear the strut tower....

So her come the questions...

Where can I get wheel spacers for our trucks?

Will the less than half inch clearance accomodate a larger size tire?

Thanks for all your help

The larger tire will be about half an inch larger on the radius (so, 1" taller overall) than the tire currently on the rim. The width is the same. So the 3/8" clearance (if I read your description of the measurements properly) should be fine, as well as the 1" space in terms of height.

The larger tire will be about half an inch larger on the radius (so, 1" taller overall) than the tire currently on the rim. The width is the same. So the 3/8" clearance (if I read your description of the measurements properly) should be fine, as well as the 1" space in terms of height.

If it is half an inch larger, that would not work with the 3/8 inch of clearance I have on the strut tower, so I will need a spacer to fit it...I can get an unbeleivable deal on a set of 265/70R17 BFG A/T's almost brand new for $70 for the whole set. So do you have any idea where to find wheel spacers?

Yeah.....then you're beat. Not sure where to get wheel spacers, unfortunately. Check any local performance shops....though, a 1" spacer is a lot.

Yeah.....then you're beat. Not sure where to get wheel spacers, unfortunately. Check any local performance shops....though, a 1" spacer is a lot.

I found some online that are around 1", some that are 20mm, 25mm, and 30mm. I think any but the 20mm would work for me. I already checked the wheel and the wheel has room where it mates up to the hub to make room for the existing wheel studs if they stick out a little. Most of the ones I have found are deisgned for 1st gen Xterras, and I am led to assume since the wheels from an 04 Xterra S/C fits on my R50 that the wheel spacer would as well...otherwise I emailed a couple of custom fabbers that advertise online for quotes so we will see about that and any feedback is appreciated...

Wheel adapters would be what you are looking for...they bolt up just like the wheels themselves and then you can bolt up the wheel right to it...I have 1.5" adapters to keep my REVO's away from the same demise!! I am also sporting factory wheels...the only thing with these that really sucks is that now you will definately fling rocks and mud/dirt into your paint when just crusing down the highway!!

This first pic should show how much further out the wheels really are pushed...

...the second is a look at the tires being pushed out past the body a little.

Boy I sure miss my 98! Chrome, QX4 Tails, Corners, Sprayed Bumper markers...and the PIAA's !!

Edited by 02silverpathy

This first pic should show how much further out the wheels really are pushed...

...the second is a look at the tires being pushed out past the body a little.

Boy I sure miss my 98! Chrome, Tails, Corners, Sprayed Bumper markers...and the PIAA's !!

Hey man that looks awesome, just what I need. If you don't mind, where did you get those and how much did you pay? I'm thinking if I get a Toyota one for a mid 90s 4runner or something and get the proper lug nuts it should work...

Also, do you have any parts off of that? I really like that A-bar, and how did you black out your turn signals? Were they still functional?

The wheel adapters where like $130 shipped...eBay--the worlds market place!! I DID actually get the Toyota ones...however they have a different lug thread-count so these were not as sweet as if I had gotten the correct set! Most of these adapters do come with lug nuts so not too big of a deal!

The poor '98? she was reduced to stock and sold...I painted the front bumper lights with rustoleum black....I cut a piece of painters tape to be 1/4 wide and laid it from one end to the lense screw....then sprayed light coats until I was happy. Touch up is pretty easy minus getting the correct tape spot again---I think there could have been an easier way to mask that line but I didn't figure it out!

I used a 50w blazer clear bulb in the housing so that the little strip was super bright---worked like a charm!

Made the entire front end look a little calmer...I didn't like the clear bumper lights so I decided to make mine custom!

And if you like the A bar for lights~~drill them right into the bumper way cooler look than the bar--which will make your lift disappear from appearance and the height it hangs!

Edited by 02silverpathy

The wheel adapters where like $130 shipped...eBay--the worlds market place!! I DID actually get the Toyota ones...however they have a different lug thread-count so these were not as sweet as if I had gotten the correct set! Most of these adapters do come with lug nuts so not too big of a deal!

The poor '98? she was reduced to stock and sold...I painted the front bumper lights with rustoleum black....I cut a piece of painters tape to be 1/4 wide and laid it from one end to the lense screw....then sprayed light coats until I was happy. Touch up is pretty easy minus getting the correct tape spot again---I think there could have been an easier way to mask that line but I didn't figure it out!

I used a 50w blazer clear bulb in the housing so that the little strip was super bright---worked like a charm!

Made the entire front end look a little calmer...I didn't like the clear bumper lights so I decided to make mine custom!

And if you like the A bar for lights~~drill them right into the bumper way cooler look than the bar--which will make your lift disappear from appearance and the height it hangs!

I see now, I thought you somehow tinted the lens so the whole thing lit up...did the 50w bulb fit in the bulb holder for the turn signal with no mods? I really like the look with that sliver of orange and may have to steal it if your OK with that...

And thanks for the link Isaac, Im just trying to keep as many options open as possible.

It was the correct bulb for the housing, just increased wattage. Go ahead dude! I would love to see another R50 with a disappearing lense act!! I tried tail light tint, but it just wasn't as thick...it would have taken many layers for it to get so dark and that stuff likes to lift after a coat or two unless you want to spend hours for it to dry and appl;y it again...screw that I liked the slivers too!