need help

Guest bigmikey

Guest bigmikey

i have a 98 chilkoot and my drivers window just died , how do i ge the motor out ? procedure or diagrams would help . i just took off the trim and the plastic and have checked fuses. thanks

:confused:

before you take out the motor, check if the connection clip simply fell off.

they attach inverted under the switch console.

mine popped off unexpectedly - i assumed it was a motor problem, but was just the connector. easy fix.

m.

Also see if the rocker switch snaps off so you can access the actual switch below. If so on your newer truck (mine does on a 94) see if the window will move with that switch. If so, trim the rocker to allow more movement. Process of elimination of the cheap stuff first.

Guest bigmikey

i've actually checked all the the simple stuff and i'm left with the replacement of the motor . :) iv'e taken out the screws holding it to the door but the tension of the door mechanism wires limits the movement of the whole motor . would anyone have any experience with this ?

also since my truck was in an accident my a/c hasen't worked ( no power going to the condenser)

one more thing , i have a clicking soud coming from the f/r side when i go over bumps , i'm guessing stabalizer link or the barings .

the truck has 130,000 km

any help would be a fantastic

thanks