WD21 Suspension Lift over 20mm...

Harvey

In looking at different suspension providers in Oz for my '86 Pathfinder, i'm told that if I raise the rear suspension over 20mm, damage will occur to the drive line carrier bearing. As companies like Calmini advertise a 3" suspension lift, I'm wondering if anyone with a higher lift has a] experienced such damage and b] how companies [or individuals] get around the damage?

Thanks

Harv.

Edited by Harvey

No need to worry about hurting the carrier bearing. There isn't one on it. At least I've never seen one with it. A carrier bearing is usually found on a two piece drive line on longer wheel base vehicles Like Some long bed pickups, extra cabs, 4 door trucks etc. Ive had my rear stretched pretty far and never gotten so much as a wimper out of a u joint or any drive line related parts so you should be fine lifting it a reasonable amount without modding it. I think if you got too high the first mod would be the slip yoke eliminator to keep the rear drive line from falling out but you'd have to be up there a ways for that.

Edited by Frankenfinder