scooting while parked in gear

94extreme

I've got the same bs, park in gear on a really steep enough hill, and it will lurch a few inches, stop, lurch, stop. I adjusted the E-brake, and its solved... mostly.

I don't know about you flat staters (No MR P, not you) but when you park a vehicle down hill, you turn the front wheels right (towards the curb). Opposite for up hill... No that doesn't fix not having a parking brake, it's the insurance that the vehicle isn't found 3 blocks away, 1/2 way through a building.

No it doesn't help on the trail, but wheel chocks will...

B

My driveway is so steep, that if I park on it with the vehicle facing downhill, with full emergency brake applied (mine works fine by the way :) it doesn't help, because most of the vehicles weight is shifted mostly towards the nose, and since ebrake is rear wheels only, even with new semi agressive off road tires (bigger and wider than what the specs call for), my pathy will just start skidding down the driveway LOL.

we're talking about a nearly 45 deg slope.....

If I park facing up hill and soforth, it holds just fine, but I still use a wheel chock just for safety (cause when i am stading behind it while washing it....I dont want to get run over if the brake gives out!)

so yes, I have a damn useless driveway, but at least there is a side pad that goes level around the garage.

...and yes, always turn the front wheels one way or the other when parked on a steep hill.