hot hot hot radiator

Okay i got a new thermostat and is this right?

I have had major issues with the heat as to rising gauge picture located to see the where it stops? Is this right i just ran it at idle for 30 minutes to see if i could blow it for the heck of it and it just stays at the gauge mark which freaks me right the $#@$ out!

I think i should say this is the third thermostat the first one that i put in (new) was faulty and the old one i took out and thru aways was fine? GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :clap: The old first one that i changed because i was in amongst all that crap sat in the middle of the gauge now it screams to the top like in the picture?

:confused:

oh yeah but i found this link and am really thrown now so i have to go outside to see about

1. a/c cig fuse 15amp

2. pull cap off while running and see if it dissapears? (air in the block i soooo hope this is the deal)

Filling the radiator on a pathy actually takes some know how. I've changed my water pump twice and the radiator once. Each time, i had to leave the filler cap off the radiator let it run till it warms up and the thermostat opens then watch your level go down rapidly. Fill at this time until you can't get any more in. Its quiete common to get air in the top of the engine when drained and this is where your coolent disappears to.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1916

Just sitting there and idleing it may get a bit hot. How is it while driving?

If you fill your overflow and drive around the rad should burp itself and top of from the reservoir but you want to help it as much as possible by filling till the fluid runs out the little screw (after loosening) in the top house. Just make sure the res doesn't run dry.... That's how I've always have done it and my junk is all g.

Also, sometimes after market thermos do not work worth of crap. May want to splurge at the stealer if you really think it's the thermo. To check thermo, you can stick it in a pan of water, heat the water while monitoring the temo of H2O with a thermometer. it should "pop" open when it reaches the designated temp (should be stamped on thermo's lip)

got an 87 here, I fire the Sucker up, and my Gage does just the Same Damm Thing!! But my Engine is Not Overheating. its some kind of a Gage issue. I think it may be that Voltage regulator Issue posted in one of the other posts. I havent looked into mine yet, but i noticed my Oil Pressure and my gas gage reads higher.

Are you serious? WOW Vancouvers been really humid + hot lately and driving in it seems to get its temps up but this is insane. It runs fine!I just wanna roll out in the wilderness and have fun but wooried i am gonna get stranded :( .

So i guess i may throw an exteranal fan that i can flip on while driving in bad traffic? I always fix the vehicles till nothing left to do but pimp out then sell them. I want a 4 door so bad 90-95 year soooo bad. So after dumping 3000 bucks of mechanic & maintaining bills plus 31 inch mud terrains into it I just stuck a FOR sale sign in it today asking a cut my own throat price. Wanna do some welding (bumpers roofrack but then i will want more cash)...

Darn have a load of hockey pucks was going to do a lift on it this month... P...

So hope someone who wants a tight vehicle takes it soon :unsure:

Just a reply to jmcardamone Hey you should have your 87 looked at. If your heat is that high something not right! Just replaced it again ( the thermostat) and it runs cool not even in the middle with extreme heat and humidity!

I new i was not losing my mind....

The 2 thermostats i had tried were both brand new the third was the one that worked?

What a pain in the arse is all i got to say! :blink:

I would hate to ruin my engine due to a thermostat failure? Excessive heat warping and cooking parts together! I would blow the thing up if that happened to me :takebow:

Just a reply to jmcardamone Hey you should have your 87 looked at. If your heat is that high something not right! Just replaced it again ( the thermostat) and it runs cool not even in the middle with extreme heat and humidity!

Mine is DEF Electrical. I have threaded a Digital Themometer into the Air Purge Port on the Cooling system. Ranged from 170-190 Degrees. I have a 180 Degree Thermostat, so id say tahts kosher. But my Gague Reads BEYOND H almost at Startup so i Know its Electrical. Thanks for the advice though