Need help with some codes, 0325 and 1444

sigtauenus

According to the tester,

P0325 is Knock sensor or circuit fault.

P1444 is EVAP canister purge volume control valve or circuit fault

According to the book, I need to pull the intake off (V-6) to get to the knock sensor, and it lists at Autozone for $125. Crap.

The EVAP canister appears to be not available from Autozone, so I'm hoping its still available at the dealer should I need it. I'm also hoping, from reading the troubleshooting on this, that it may just be some deteriorated vacuum lines.

What is everybody's experience with either of these codes?

Well first the good and easy news. The Knock sensor code can come on for a couple of different reasons. Your rig may need a tune up. Worn ignition components will casue tiny misfires and the engine will "ping". This can also be caused by certian brands of fuel, or improper timing. Easy things to check to fix the problem. Oh, I guess the Knock sensor could be bad, but not always the case as it will set a code, but not always illuminate the check engine light.

Ok, now for some bad, but not terrible news. I saw in your profile that you have a 98. Those years(96-99) can have problems with the evap canisters coming apart internally. What happens is, the little charcoal pellets inside the canister, can get sucked up into your engine. The easy way to see if this is the problem, is to remove the purge solenoid valve on the left shock tower. You can spot it as one vacume line goes to the intake, and one goes to another valve, then to a hard line next to the brake lines. It has one connector attached. Remove the valve and tap on it and see if any pellets come out. It they do come out, you need to replace your canister(its still available from the dealer), and clean the lines and other valves of any pellets. You may have to replace other componets, if they are damaged. If you dont clean the lines and valves, you will have the same problem. Hope this helps...

Edited by 5523Pathfinder
  • Like 1

Rob just says to mention that you are a NPORA member. Perhaps there is no discount, but he ships you a Hershey Kiss along with your part... :shrug:

LOL, can't argue if the Nissan Part is cheaper... Glad you are getting it worked out so well.

B

Rob just says to mention that you are a NPORA member. Perhaps there is no discount, but he ships you a Hershey Kiss along with your part... :shrug:

LOL, can't argue if the Nissan Part is cheaper... Glad you are getting it worked out so well.

B

The average discount through the website is about 30-35% off list. Basically at wholesale.

At a minimum for the group, I charge Actual shipping cost , not the $8.95 +10% the website wants to......

And can play with the numbers some if there is enough room in the part.

I am at home now, I dont remember what the part number was, it changed like 4 times in the succession chain and made my head hurt and I needed some coffee afterwards. Make sure to give me your VIN please. It really helps!

Of course anyone can call during business hours if they wish.

Edited by Alkorahil

The average discount through the website is about 30-35% off list. Basically at wholesale.

At a minimum for the group, I charge Actual shipping cost , not the $8.95 +10% the website wants to......

And can play with the numbers some if there is enough room in the part.

That's a good discount as it is!! Sorry, I wasn't trying to force a better deal, just didn't think before I typed...

Thank you very much for all your effort and good help, Rob. You've made a big difference to a lot of people here! :beer:

B

That's a good discount as it is!! Sorry, I wasn't trying to force a better deal, just didn't think before I typed...

Thank you very much for all your effort and good help, Rob. You've made a big difference to a lot of people here! :beer:

B

I didnt take it as such, it was a good question.