h233b question

packie88

alrighty i have 3 h233b sitting at home.

the first one is out of an 87 it is drum brake 9 botls to get the 3rd member out non lsd

the second one is out of my 94 it is drum brake 10 bolts to get the 3rd member out non lsd

the third one not sure on year. and it has 9 bolts to get the 3rd member out. and it has an lsd. also the rear cover piece looks longer

but my question is that did nissna make rear axles that had both 9 and 10 bolts in the h223 b. or are the other ones the h233a or what. and are the insides the same is my next question. or just any info on axle identification would be nice

I'm like 90% the innards are all the same. I cant remember what exactly AC/4x4parts did with the 5.13 ring gear to make it work with ALL h233bs. I recall seeing a post about Phil or Lee using the 9 bolt in lieu of the 10 bolt h223b. and had no problem..

• 2 weeks later...

Nissan did mabe both the H233A and B with different bolt numbers The 10 bolt is the B the 9 bolt is the A. The H233A as actual bolts. THe H233B housing has studs.

Internals are slightly different. The pinion is different but the rest is the same. I have a H233A 3rd with 4.88s in a H233B housing it works just fine.

okay cause im going to use my one with bolts with my ring gear. it should work. i havent torn open my one with studs. dont have to. got one that one with bolts. so ill be using that. ive got a carrier thats got 4.6's and an lsd if any one is intrested in that. lol