Oxygen Sensor replacement

I am getting a code about the o2 sensor being bad. Question, if I replace the o2 sensor myself, do I need to take the truck to the dealer to reprogram cpu? I wasn't sure if there was anything I need to do to make sure it runs correctly after the fix. Thanks!

Eh, this problem has been bugging me and my 02 for over a year. If your vin falls in the TSB range, then you have to have the cpu reprogrammed so it'll stop turning the o2 on too soon. That's seems to be the problem, it turns on too soon, causes moisture to burn off and contaminate the sensor, or something like that. Mine is the post catalytic one, and isn't involved in engine management, so i've been putting it off. Oddly enough, last week the light went off and didn't come back on. You'll have to find the TSB and see if your vin is on it. Sorry i don't have it for you, but it's here somewhere. Good luck.

This is more of a question than a suggestion but if you disconnect the battery for a few minutes then wait will it reset it? Kinda like OBD I and OBD II cars?

I think that'll reset it then it'll relearn everything once you start it up but I'm not sure.