Which trans is better

silver97ex

Better for Offroad  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which handles abuse offroad better

• Automatic Trans
    • Manual Trans

That truck drives and handles as well, if not better, than my girls Cavalier... and she has the sport model (2.4L DOHC Straight 4, et al addons) I am pretty much on part with her for straightline acceleration.

Dude, no offence but you need to get into some different cars, a changeover year z24 cavie is not something to compare anything to unless its a Prizm or something. The onramp thing is true though for the most part(get on RT 28 in an econo 4bang car and your getting sandwitched), but on the defence of truckers, they are not that bad, as most of the time they are the ones I see doeing the speed limit, its the morons in their mix matched primered Civics and dorks with their v6 Mustangs and Camaros(at least pay for some pipes to hide it-1 talipipe is a dead on giveaway) that think hitting the fuel cut off is cool.

Voted for the odd number of pedals under the dash as well, auto is just not as much fun for me and I like having the constant control of which gear I am in. PLus the normal pluses towards it(gas mileage, cheaper repair, I don't fall asleep driving, etc...)

Edited by nunya

lol, nunya, if you're up for buying, I'll drive whatever you want to compare :P Untill I have enough for a high end sports car, her Cavalier is the sportiest car I can really compare with. I don't consider a suped up civic a sports car... it's a wannabe ricer that deserves to go for scrap in my honest opinion (we have hundreds of the wannabe racer ricers around here... ugh)

As for that trucker - no, he was DEFINATELY speeding... limit was, I think 45, maybe 55 mph... he was doing at least 75-80.

Now I didn't say anything about a Civic being a SPORTS car, and I did say most of the time when sticking up for the truckers, not all of the time. Belive me I see my fair share of bodykits-held-on-with-zipties-and-duct-tape racers, have to remember I'm in the same state as you, just the other side.(For a state with yearly inspection and alot of countys with emissions you sure see alot of junk on the roads).

LOL, ain't that the truth nunya... though there is a guy around me with an OLD silver Corvette... god that thing is sexy. It's the old body style with the curved front fenders and the sleek design... god I want that vehicle! Too bad the guy isn't willing to sell it for any price

Its really a toss up, When I was learning to drive a truck at about 5-6 years old on our lil horse farm type deal, My dad wouldn't let me drive an auto till I could drive a manual(atleast in first and reverse).

I like auto for some things

I like maunal for some things

Depends on my mood.