255/85R16?

JPB

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some pics of WD21's running 255/85R16 (34x10.5) and how do you like them on your pathy.

Thanks

JP

You set on this size or how about 285/75/16 34x11.25.

P1010107.jpg

You set on this size or how about 285/75/16 34x11.25.

P1010107.jpg

I could do that too but I'm hoping to get away with less lift and trimming by running a narrower tire.

JP

What kind of lift are ya going with?

I don't want to do more then a 3" UCA and 2" BL at the most. This is my DD and family hauler.

JP

Yep, I run the same size with a 3+3, though, my suspension lift has sagged quite a bit due to heavy bumpers, winch etc. You can fit them with some minor sheet metal trimming with the lifts you've specified.

Be careful when flexing though.....as the tires will rub fairly hard on the rear quarters (mine were all dented in) when stuffing the tire.

I can pretty much guarantee you'll be rubbing with any width 34" tire unless you're willing to cut metal. ]

32" is about the max you can get away with, regardless of lift. Unless you're just posing on the pavement....

I can pretty much guarantee you'll be rubbing with any width 34" tire unless you're willing to cut metal. ]

32" is about the max you can get away with, regardless of lift. Unless you're just posing on the pavement....

I'm willing to try with a 7" rim and stock back-spacing.

JP

the tire will rub against the inside of the wheelwell and possible the side of the frame when it is tucked. If you have an automatic transmission, they might make your OD gear useless depending on what gears you have. Mine barely gets into OD unless the ground is nice and flat and the winds are low. i am 3" suspension lift and 3" body lift like Simon only i have 33x12.5" tires (a tiny bit smaller). I have 15x8" wheels with 3 3/4" backspacing and i had to do lots of trimming and mine still rub. a 33x10.5 tire on the stock lego wheels or 15x8 with neutral backspacing would probably be a nice fit.

the tire will rub against the inside of the wheelwell and possible the side of the frame when it is tucked. If you have an automatic transmission, they might make your OD gear useless depending on what gears you have. Mine barely gets into OD unless the ground is nice and flat and the winds are low. i am 3" suspension lift and 3" body lift like Simon only i have 33x12.5" tires (a tiny bit smaller). I have 15x8" wheels with 3 3/4" backspacing and i had to do lots of trimming and mine still rub. a 33x10.5 tire on the stock lego wheels or 15x8 with neutral backspacing would probably be a nice fit.

I guess I'll just wait until September for a 33x10.5 BFG MT KM2 to come out. I was considering 255/85R16 Toyo MT's.

Thanks

JP

When I put those tires on I drove it to work w/out trimming the rear fenders, and I trimmed the front just enough to be able to turn. That pic was taken a few minutes after we finished trimming the rear fenders right behind the tires. We trimmed about two inches total in the rear at the bottom, and I trimmed the front fender all the way back and hammered down the pinch seam with a BFH.

Edited by TrailChaser