Service Engine Soon

ResisterGo

Coming home from a camping trip this morning, my Service Engine Soon light came on and stayed on. I stopped by the local AutoZone on the way, and the guy was totally rude and unhelpful, but I did manage to get him to scan a code. It was P0325. When I got home, I did a search for that code on this forum, and the posts I found said to ignore it, but many also mentioned that the light won't come on. Mine is.

Is it possible that there's ANOTHER code being stored that the stupid AutoZone guy didn't bother looking for, since he was too busy being a jerk and trying to smoke a cigarette in my truck? The truck seems to be running fine otherwise, but what the heck do I know?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ResisterGo

take your truck somewhere else and have them run the codes. have yo tried disconnecting your battery for 5 minutes then reconnecting it?

What's 0325, the knock sensor? I'd say at least 75% of the Pathys out there will give you that code if you scan it. The knock sensors on these things are just craptastic. :)

Yeah, 0325 is the knock sensor. But I read other posts here saying that code won't illuminate the SES light, so I have to wonder what else is going on. I think I'll have to take it somewhere else to get it scanned, like mentioned above.

Try Advance Auto.. I love my local Advance. Guys aren't that knowledgable with Pathfinders, but they're willing to help me try to logically think things thru, even if it takes upwards of an hour (they've done it!)

Assuming the knock sensor hasnt just died. Then all it does is detect of the engine is knocking. You said you were coming home from camping. Was the campsite at a higher altitude? Did you use a low octane fuel before going up. I just ask this incase you put in 87 and went to a high altitude and it messed with the computer and threw the knock sensor code out. I would try disconnecting it to see if it resets the codes, if it comes back on then try running codes again.

Assuming the knock sensor hasnt just died. Then all it does is detect of the engine is knocking. You said you were coming home from camping. Was the campsite at a higher altitude? Did you use a low octane fuel before going up. I just ask this incase you put in 87 and went to a high altitude and it messed with the computer and threw the knock sensor code out. I would try disconnecting it to see if it resets the codes, if it comes back on then try running codes again.

We weren't camping at higher altitudes, but I did fill it up with cheap 87 octane gas before we left. However, I've always used that stuff, so who knows?