anyone with a passenger rear hub seal leak with experience or write-up.

Coucoui6

are you talking about the grease seal on the CV side of the spindle? just making sure you're not talking about the rear axle inner seal...

if it is the front inner seal you can search for wheel bearing replacements or look in the how-to section I'm sure theres something there...but pretty much you remove the hubs, remove the caliper, remove spindle locknut and bearing, remove the rotor/spindle assembly then you can replace the seals and install in reverse order...

while your at it search up spindle lock nut tool and see how you can make your own instead of purchasing the expensive nissan one or use the punch/hammer routine but i think that is a bad way to do it IMO

passenger rear internal hub seal

You missed a line there, unccpathy.

To do the axle seal in the rear requires pulling an axleshaft out of the axle. You have to remove the wheel, then the brake caliper/disc/drum, e-brake cable aaaaaand...I think that's about it. Pull the axle, pull the seal, tap new seal in, put axle back in and bolt everything back up. It's not that bad if you have the tools. I've done it before.

You missed a line there, unccpathy.

To do the axle seal in the rear requires pulling an axleshaft out of the axle. You have to remove the wheel, then the brake caliper/disc/drum, e-brake cable aaaaaand...I think that's about it. Pull the axle, pull the seal, tap new seal in, put axle back in and bolt everything back up. It's not that bad if you have the tools. I've done it before.

Yep you're right missed that one completely both times I read it...thats to do the outer seal...the inner seal you need a special tool to remove the bearing locknut and bend back the 4 tabs

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/6365...r-Axle-pdf.html you have to wait 30 secs to download after opening the link but it should work fine...the website I usually use for free uploads that doesnt ahve all that BS is down right now...but yea that will tell you everything

yes the inner seal retains the rear gear oil. i was hoping to find a write up ... my manual from autozone is okay at best. personal write ups are much better with more details.

Yep you're right missed that one completely both times I read it...thats to do the outer seal...the inner seal you need a special tool to remove the bearing locknut and bend back the 4 tabs

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/6365...r-Axle-pdf.html you have to wait 30 secs to download after opening the link but it should work fine...the website I usually use for free uploads that doesnt ahve all that BS is down right now...but yea that will tell you everything

i don't get how to download the file.... i was on the site and waited 30 sec. the download button came up and i pushed it but now what. now save or open window came up... i've even registered for the free membership. if you have the file can you email it to me?

thanks,

drsamho@roadrunner.com

i don't get how to download the file.... i was on the site and waited 30 sec. the download button came up and i pushed it but now what. now save or open window came up... i've even registered for the free membership. if you have the file can you email it to me?

thanks,

Email sent...